Anyone want to strip-swap? Strips Received! Address added to first post. Start stripping!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I would give up my second spot also if someone else is wanting in, although I will be ready to mail mine by tomorrow. I have one set cut and I was on a roll today. I made sure I had enough fabric. One color was about an inch shy of a full yard, but was going to be just enough. I am using my Studio cutter so I could put the three colors on it and cut them together after I cut the fabric into 13" strips to fit over the die. I forgot to watch for the short end when I cut the 13" strips so I cut from the wrong end and one 2½" strip ended up being too narrow so I am ONE strip short. And even though I have a lot of fabrics that are "almost" the same...I know they are not. Now I will go cut 14 strips of a different color. LOL.

This is the first time I've been in my sewing room for any time at all since last August. I had to fold and put away four months worth of fabric buying and patterns before I could even see my cutting table. I had fabric and batting stacked everywhere. I couldn't even see the ironing board. One thing I learned today was I need to get busy sewing!

Thank you Linda for doing this swap because it motivated me to go in there and accomplish something. It feels good.

And I would give up my second spot also if someone else is wanting in, although I will be ready to mail mine by tomorrow. I have one set cut and I was on a roll today. I made sure I had enough fabric. One color was about an inch shy of a full yard, but was going to be just enough. I am using my Studio cutter so I could put the three colors on it and cut them together after I cut the fabric into 13" strips to fit over the die. I forgot to watch for the short end when I cut the 13" strips so I cut from the wrong end and one 2½" strip ended up being too narrow so I am ONE strip short. And even though I have a lot of fabrics that are "almost" the same...I know they are not. Now I will go cut 14 strips of a different color. LOL.

This is the first time I've been in my sewing room for any time at all since last August. I had to fold and put away four months worth of fabric buying and patterns before I could even see my cutting table. I had fabric and batting stacked everywhere. I couldn't even see the ironing board. One thing I learned today was I need to get busy sewing!

Thank you Linda for doing this swap because it motivated me to go in there and accomplish something. It feels good.

Oma! Don't worry if you don't have a perfect 14 of the bundles. Since they're going to different people no one will know but you!! Please just cut another strip of a different fabric. :rolleyes:

Crap! I hadn't thought about that. Sheesh I'm out of there for four months and now I have to be retrained. LOL. Too late...already redid it. Are you sure you don't want three sets? Dang I'm fast! :D Are we suppose to put a mailing envelope inside with the fabric for you to mail back to us? Or do I just put both my sets in a small box and send to you with $5.30 X 2 ($10.60)?

Crap! I hadn't thought about that. Sheesh I'm out of there for four months and now I have to be retrained. LOL. Too late...already redid it. Are you sure you don't want three sets? Dang I'm fast! :D Are we suppose to put a mailing envelope inside with the fabric for you to mail back to us? Or do I just put both my sets in a small box and send to you with $5.30 X 2 ($10.60)?

Don't send another envelope. For those doing two sets, I haven't figured out the cost to send back a double package. Please include $10 cash/check with your package. I'll put whatever is left of that in your package that I send back. It's getting complicated! :blink:

I would give up my spot in #2 also if someone else has missed getting in, but it would have to be quick because I am planning on sending mine tomorrow!

I have an email from Annie M who wants to join. I'll give her your second spot, Cathy, if that works. If you've sent your strips already, I'll switch it back.

Now I will close the list permanently!

If someone wants to join, Oma and Vickie O will be sending doubles and you might be able to talk them into giving up a spot. But you need to be quick--Oma has her strips ready to go!

Otherwise, we're set!

My address is in the first post.

Remember postage if you're in the USA and arrangements will be made if you're international.

First finished top and first finished quilt get a prize from Den!

After strips are mailed back I'll start a thread about patterns and settings!

Archived