Sharon M

2 Lightning Strikes Bargello Quilts finished

Beautiful quilts and great quilting. One your first one :wub:

oh, thank you Lynn Marie...but I cannot tell a lie! :huh: ... not exactly my "first" quilt... I had done a small wall quilt in the bargello pattern, and thought it was quite simple piecing. My step daughter really loved that little wall hanging, so I made the one in the last picture for her 16th birthday. But it really was my first "bed sized" quilt, honest!

Thank you ALL so much for all the lovely comments....gives me so much more confidence.... and makes me blush.... :rolleyes:

i should say that more custom should be in your future. you 'rocked' both quilts with your gorgeous piecing/quilting!

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

WOWSER!! How beautiful they both are, Real Quilter, I definately think you are correct that is awesome work and a great accomplishment with 5 almost 6 grandkids, I have trouble finding time to quilt too as I have 10 and 6 of them live local so we spend lots of time with them and would have it no other way!! Grandchildren are a blessing from the Lord for raising our own kids. :D

WOWSER!! How beautiful they both are, Real Quilter, I definately think you are correct that is awesome work and a great accomplishment with 5 almost 6 grandkids, I have trouble finding time to quilt too as I have 10 and 6 of them live local so we spend lots of time with them and would have it no other way!! Grandchildren are a blessing from the Lord for raising our own kids. :D

Wow, Jeanne! TEN grandkids!! Oh my!!! Yes, indeed, they are a gift and a blessing, and you are so right, I would have it no other way! 4 of ours live within 6 miles, so I definitely understand how your time gets used up! I see them 4 - 5 times a week. And they are still so little, when they come over the door to my studio closes, (too many sharp things in there!) and they have my undivided attention. I can hardly wait til I can teach the oldest one to sew! I believe grandparents make such a difference in these little ones' lives. Congrats on all ten of yours!

Hi,

Just became a member, after seeing your Lightning Strikes pictures.  I have the pattern but found the directions scanty.  I am hoping that maybe you could clarify a couple of points for me???   Do you sew the strip sets in a tube??

When you sew the strips together initially did you have a sequence you used to begin sewing eachof the 4 colour groupings.  For example did you sew all the different colour groups from the darkest to the lightest??  I have 4 colour groups...  maroon, blue, gold and beige.  I have each colour group  arranged from darkest to lightest.  When I sew the strips into strip sets does it matter which colour I begin with???  What colour group should I do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th ???  Should I do the 2  darker colour groups, maroon and blue, then follow with the gold, ending with the beiges??

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  I contacted the pattern designer but have not received any response.  I am reluctant to start, do not want to ruin the colour effect by not sewing the different colour groups the right way.

Thank you,

Paulette Patricia