Looking to Purchase APQS Ultimate 1 or Similar Machine

I am looking to purchase an APQS Ultimate 1 or similar bare bones type of machine to get started in long arm quilting. I have been quilting for close to ten years and recently I was published in Quilts and More Magazine. I am new to the forum but am proficient in quilting and heirloom style free motion quilting. I'd like to take the leap from quilting on my domestic machines to a long arm and earn some extra income to fund my quilting endeavors.

The most important features for me are:

- 12 to 14 foot steel frame

- minimum of 20" throat space

Stitch regulation would be preferred but it is something I'd be willing to sacrifice for more quilting space.

Because I have so few posts here and have mostly been lurking, you can visit my blog to see that I am in fact a real person! :)

pumpkinpatchquilter.blogspot.com

or find me on facebook by searcing for "The Pumpkin Patch Quilter"

Thank you!

Welcome Valerie. I just switched from my DM to a longarm. I was fortunate enough to find a 2005 Freedom on a 12' frame through the local quilt shop. The pictures on your blog are awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with the longarm. I can only wish I was a 1/3 that talented. I haven't grasped the free motion yet. Good luck on your search.

I got an email from APQS on their certified machines for sale 3 days ago. Here is the link:

http://www.apqs.com/...g-machines-used

James

Hi James, thank you for your reply and very kind words! Quilting is my passion to say the very least, and I'm looking forward to moving into the world of long arms. Sounds like you got a good deal on your Freedom - I am definitely interested in buying from a Dealer and have been searching locally as well - there is a Dealer located about one hour from where I live.

I'm very interested to hear what experiences you've had with your 2005 - I have considered several machines in that year including a 2006 Millenium. I'm less interested in bells and whistles as I am consistent performance and space.

Thank you for sharing the link regarding certified used machines and I will have to look around the forum for updates on your work!

- Valerie

Hi James, thank you for your reply and very kind words! Quilting is my passion to say the very least, and I'm looking forward to moving into the world of long arms. Sounds like you got a good deal on your Freedom - I am definitely interested in buying from a Dealer and have been searching locally as well - there is a Dealer located about one hour from where I live.

I'm very interested to hear what experiences you've had with your 2005 - I have considered several machines in that year including a 2006 Millenium. I'm less interested in bells and whistles as I am consistent performance and space.

Thank you for sharing the link regarding certified used machines and I will have to look around the forum for updates on your work!

- Valerie

I've only had it for a week, so sorry to say no experiences other than trying to learn the difference in handling from DM.

Valerie, I have a friend that has either an ultimate one or two that she is going to sell. I will tell her to jump on here and post the details. She bought a new APQS.

Thank you please do - and she can send emails to me via facebook as well if that is more convenient for her. Looking forward to seeing what she has!

I went to your blog and see that you are in Ohio. I am moving back to Mansfield Ohio next weekend. If you give me a chance to unpack a little and set up

my Ult. 1 with intellistitch you are more than welcome to try it out. At least you could try it out so you know what to or not to look for.

Michele

• 1 month later...

Archived