Elmer's surgery - note from Cheri -updated 1/20/13 need more prayers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading Cheri's Caring Bridge entry for the night and for the first time in a long time it made me proud of what a nurse does. You can not substitute that aspect of nursing. I know Elmer listened to the nurse talking with him and it had to be comforting to him. And that nurse actually took care of two people last night...by being so good with Elmer I'm sure he relaxed and was able to rest and it allowed Cheri to feel safe enough so she could get a little sleep. That nurse truly was an angel of mercy last night.

Latest news from Cheri below. Keep praying its working!!!!

Cheri's message - Some progress has been made. Elmer has been moving his feet occasionally as he is coming out from the sedation. He is still on the ventilator but is breathing on his own part of the time.

We have a wonderful nurse again tonight. The kids and spouses are taking 2 hour shifts sitting with Elmer and I. I can sleep on the couch in his room as long as I know someone is awake and will watch him. They can wake me if needed. Our kids are so awesome and they each love Elmer so much.

I have spoken with Anya (oncology nurse) several times today about what has happened to Elmer. She has gathered all the notes and records surrounding Elmers case and given them to Dr Hahn even though he is not technically involved anymore. Dr hahn said he would be speaking with all the doctors that were now dealing with Elmer. They just have to get on the same page.

The kidney doctor said Elmer is critical but somehow I just feel like we are about to turn a corner. At least I hope we are.

Archived