Elmer's surgery - note from Cheri -updated 1/20/13 need more prayers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elmer is back on the ventilator again as the doctor was concerned about his breathing and the possibility of him coming down with pneumonia. He is responsive and following commands. Cheri wrote quite a long journal entry on Caring Bridge and certainly sounds to be doing better than she was yesterday.

Cheri did sound better last night; it is amazing what sleep will do. I've been in similar shoes and nurses forced me to break away and get sleep because you are "good to no one and you can't make decisions" for the loved one when you lack rest. Nurse was right; although it is very difficult to do when one is fighting for life. I'm still leaning on Jesus for this family; continue to pray.

I am going to hospital in a little while to see Cheri and take her some goodies. I am fixing beef and noodles, yeast rolls and cinnamon rolls. Just getting to visit with her means a lot to me just want to see her and I know she is doing everything in her power to help Elmer. I am so thankful for both of them and continue praying for healing for both. Will let you know how both are doing after I return home later today.

I went to hospital and got to see both Cheri and Elmer! It was so good to see them and hopefully they will be back home soon. I told him when he gets home he will get some of those cinnamon rolls that Cheri had been eating. I will even take some to the hospital just for him when he can have them.

Thank you, sweet Jesus, for standing behind Elmer, Cheri, and all medical care team members! Fastquilts, bless you for being there in person to cheer these two on and help support them through this. Cheri mentioned your rolls on Caringbridge so they surely must be good - she was so looking forward to them by the sounds of it! :)

Archived