APQS Road Show

Robin M

I'm a new Lenni owner, and I've just gotten the email about the Road Show. It's just a few miles from me. But -- it sounds like this is aimed at professional quilters -- would it be useful for a not-quilting-for-others Lenni user? A day of how to charge customers and use computer programs wouldn't be much fun and I'd hate to take a spot for someone who could use that information.

If it's not too far from you, it wouldn't hurt to go. These road shows are low-key sales pitches for the APQS brand. But much useful information is shared and hand-outs for batting and thread manufacturers are helpful even if you don't have a business. The demos aren't only for potential professional quilters. Another good thing--take a list of questions to ask the experts about your machine. Take your camera so you can document any accessories you might like to have so you can see how they're attached to the machine. This may be your only chance to meet Mark, Tony, Amy, and maybe connect with the local Rep for help at some time. Definitely not a waste of time. Maybe you'll meet some other newbies and you can start a group!

Now I'm curious as to the ratio of purchasers who have a business and those who don't. Hmmm... Dawn? Mark?

I ordered then attended a road show. You will get valuable information. If its close and you have the time do it. You wont regret it. Some of it wont apply since you already purchased but the majority you will find helpful in the future if not immediately. Just the information on suplies and products is extremely helpful.

Shirley

Linda is right Robin! We welcome anyone!! Even though you just got your machine, you can get some useful info on supplies, business and now the new Quilt Path! So if you would like to come, just give Jen a call at APQS to RSVP a spot! :)

Linda, as far as a ratio of business to non-business purchases we still see quite a few people who are looking to do this even on a part-time basis. Some are unsure of just what they want to do as far as a business or not, so we do tease people and say if you don't want to do a business make sure you sneak your machine into your place at midnight so your neighbors don't know you have a machine! The business is still really out there! :)

Linda, as far as a ratio of business to non-business purchases we still see quite a few people who are looking to do this even on a part-time basis. Some are unsure of just what they want to do as far as a business or not, so we do tease people and say if you don't want to do a business make sure you sneak your machine into your place at midnight so your neighbors don't know you have a machine! The business is still really out there! :)

:D I guess my question could have been-- "How many buyers SAY they aren't starting a business and then get coaxed by friends and family to quilt for others?" I'm sure that happens a lot!

Archived