HELP!!!sucked up batting into my bobbin/hook assembly thingy

meg

I think i've really done it this time...

i was doing a big clean with wd40, and i turned around to pick up something, and my hand moved just enough to allow the the machine to suck a 3x3 piece of batting into the bobbin spinny thing.

it's so jammed in there that i can't even turn the wheel.

i've been picking at it to try and remove it, but it's really stuck in there.

i've put in a call to amy...

and now i am just sitting here ulcerating about it.

has anyone else done this?

if you have, please tell me i haven't ruined lola-baby forever.

ugh!

Hi, Meg,

I did this once and I was so scared I'd ruined my machine! But I just kept working at it with needlenose pliers and tweezers and finally got it all out. I removed the needle plate and worked at it from both the top and the front. WD40 helped loosen it up a bit if I recall. Take a deep breath and keep picking at it. Good luck!

I haven't done that with batting, but on my Ultimate 1 i had a shop rag hanging in that area when spraying WD40 to catch any oil that dripped. Well trying to multi-task (not recommended for blondes :P ) the rag ended up all shredded and wrapped up in the hook assembly. It took some time to get it cleared and afterwards I had to retime the Ultimate. So keep working at it, continue to spray the WD on the batting let it soak it up, will be easier to remove.

You are not alone and you were lucky you didn't have to re-time Lola. I was doing the ole WD40 cleaning once and an old sock I was using to catch the drips got too close and sucked up in there. Used scissors and anything else I could think of to cut it out of the bobbin area. I ended up have to re-time my milli. It was a huge learning experience that I hope I do NOT repeat. Your stitches look perfect!

I think most of us have done it at some point Ann don't worry I blew a fuse when i did it shortly after getting my machine lucky didn't have to retime. although most of us do it just the once . lol.

hope I haven't just jinxed myself to do it again...

what brand is that gorgeous variegated thread meg?

2 bobbins and 4 advances later and all is ok with my stitches.

I have to say that while I was waiting for Amy to call me back, I was sh!$$!ng a brick!

Thank God she returned my call so quickly.

She rocks!

Thread is Rainbows by Superior.

Color number 813

Archived