Baptist Fan

Joy W

I didn't get a picture before it was wisked away with my 3 year old daughter to her preschool to use at naptime. She proudly carried it it the room and announced "My Mommy made this for me!!!" Last night at supper she told me I had to hurry up and get the binding on her quilt. I thought my husband was going to choke on his tea - - - Silly man, of course she knows all the quilting terms.

Joy

Guest Linda S

The giant templates are so wonderful. I do a lot of custom quilting and, most of the time, I figure I make about $0.02 an hour doing that. Then I put on the Circle Lord Baptist Fan or Clam Shell and whip out a quilt in two hours. Can you say $45-50/hour? :P Ya gotta love that! Those templates pay for themselves very quickly.

Linda

Norece,

I have the kingsize Baptist Fans with 2 - 7" rows on the template. I like to have consistent spacing between rows so I try to get the same kind of spacing as there is on the template between row 1 and row 2. I don't want to be able to see where I rolled the quilt. Am I saying that right?

I'm going to start a sweet little table cloth tonight using the BF templates when I get home. I will try to remember post a photo later.

Archived