Quilting idea for piano watercolor quilt?

Hello,

I'm working on a piano watercolor quilt and am stuck on the piano area. I've attached an image of the pattern my customer has used but her colors are different. It will be for a guy so I can't quilt it to girly.

Here's what's going on:

The piano is mostly in black and white.

The area oppositte the piano is in whites (near the piano) fading to white/grays then reds with black. I plan to quilt this area with a continuous line panto with musical notes. It will be a bit challening following the diagonal near the piano, but I can deal with that.

My thought on the piano is to make a softly curved line along the RH side of the piano, trying to gracefully follow the line of a piano. Then maybe keep following that line starting wider at the lower RH corner of the piano and gradually making the lines closer together as I get to theLH side of the piano. Does that make sense?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome. Oh, I have to have this done in 2 weeks. Oh, and I work full time elsewhere. No pressure!

Thanks in advance!

Pat

post-4461-0-87591100-1359307385_thumb.jpg

If this were mine, I would do a close woodgrain/line type of freehand going the directions of the piano itself (within the piano to show depth and direction), echoing around and outside (for a bit) the keys to show movement, and Musica panto from Willow Leaf around the piano - I love that panto for its musical notes but also a bit of geometricity with the squared note connections.

Archived