Does throat size make a big difference in your experience

Canada, eh? I would suggest that you try to find someone close that you can actually check out different machines. Ask around. I live in a small town in BC and there are 3 Gammills, 2 A-1's and an APQS and an Innova, and those are the only ones I know about. oh wait there are a couple of Tin Lizzies as well.

The next best thing would be to go to a big show and test drive all the different models there are. I love the hydrolic lifts on my A-1. Ask and test drive. Don't be swayed by all the hype, there are good and not as good options on all the machines. Good luck with checking them out.

I knew nothing about longarms when I started my search ,my first goal was to find a machine that was easy for me to maintain since I live far away from everything ,if something did happen how difficullt would it be to get customer service on a used machine ,my other goal was looking for a machine with the least negative reveiws and APQS was rated number one for everything I had concerns with in the past ,my next step was where you are at right now ,what did I need,for me I was looking for personal use ,my quilts were getting larger and larger as my children are grown now and moved away with bigger beds and some with partners so the 14 foot table for a definite need for me ,the more I followed this forum the more I wanted because even buying used it would still be a large investment that I did not want to later regret so I ended up with a 2000 millie with the quilt advance and I updated my wheels to m&ms and I have been very happy ,one very important thing before purchasing is ask for the serial number ,the seller I bought mine from thought hers was a 2003 but I called APQS just for verification ,but there was not much change to the machine so I still bought it and the only other thing I have done since I bought it is change the brushes (easy ) and repack the grease and later replaced the tension spring (real easy) and it sews like brand new to me . I had never test run or layed eyes on any apqs before my purchase ,it was all based on my research and I have no regrets ,my advise is to go 14foot with 26 inch throat so you wont hve any buyers remorse weeks later .Good luck in your search !

My vote would be for a Freedom SR with fabric advance, hydraulic lift, RulerMate base and Deloa's light system. I have no use for the thread cutter or channel locks and the machine has a much lighter feeling without those attachments. Good luck and welcome to APQS, the best longarm made, great support from the forum and the factory.

Archived