More prayers for Elmer

Cheri, do they have a social worker, someone who could be your advocate?   something's not right here.   You need someone not so close to the situation to figure this out.  

We are all praying here for both of you.    May you receive comfort from the Lord's everlasting arms.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheri,

There is no need to feel bad for saying what you feel.  LeeAnn mentioned a social worker, some hospitals have patient advocates, is yours one of them?  Can one of your family members check to see if there is someone at the county or state level that can help you to investigate if Elmer is receiving the best care?

Remember this is a safe place for you to come when you need an ear.

I am praying each and every day and many times throughout the day as well,  i have my church group of ladies praying for and asking about you anhd Elmer as well.  I know how hard this has to be for you.  I pray for God's mercy to sustain you all throughtout!  love and prayers to you. 

The hardest thing in life to do is to let go of a loved one!  Whether it is time for Elmer to go to where there is absolutely no more pain or suffering, or if it is not, is only for God to know.  I cannot express how much fear, pain, empathy, sorrow, joy etc I feel for Cheri and Elmer.   I just want to wrap Cheri in my arms and hold and hug her as I know most of us do...  Too many of us know first hand how difficult this is for Cheri and Elmer and their families.  My prayers continue each day for all of them.

The hardest thing in life to do is to let go of a loved one!  Whether it is time for Elmer to go to where there is absolutely no more pain or suffering, or if it is not, is only for God to know.  I cannot express how much fear, pain, empathy, sorrow, joy etc I feel for Cheri and Elmer.   I just want to wrap Cheri in my arms and hold and hug her as I know most of us do...  Too many of us know first hand how difficult this is for Cheri and Elmer and their families.  My prayers continue each day for all of them.

Lucy you said this so well!  My sentiments exactly.  Praying for them both.  

cheri just posted to caringbridge. i thought i would share her message here. please keep them all in your prayers if you have not already done so! 

day 26 ICU

Written 16 minutes ago by cheri blevins

Elmer's sister Lana and I are to meet with the Hospice team in a couple of hours. We hope to have him moved home by the weekend if we can get all the details worked out. The neurology report was not what we had hoped for. The doctor does not want to do any more tests.

I will try to write more later after we make some arrangements.

I'm praying that hospice works out quickly for Cheri and Elmer.

From the sound of Cheri's posts, its a much better environment for them.

I spend much of my time volunteering at a local hospice.

This is going to sound weird, but I love going there.

It's full of love.

And gratitude.

It's peaceful.

There is no more fighting.

Or suffering.

Or deciding.

Or wondering.

I know God is holding them in His hands.

I'm hoping Cheri will get to feel Him at home with hospice care.

Archived