More prayers for Elmer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am at a loss for words. Cheri, I will continue to pray for Elmer and your family, Elmer should be home and taken care of by his loving family and the wonderful people who work for Hospice. My dad passed away at a Hospice facility, the compassion and care is something  I will never forget. It takes very special people to do what they do, Elmer is in good care.

Cheri, my love and prayers are with you and Elmer. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. All the hard work and fighting you both have battled makes this all seem so unfair. There are no words to make it better. Just know we are all here for you and are still fighting through our prayers.

Cheri,

I know I'm one of many praying for you, Elmer and your family during this last phase of Elmer's life. Praying for His comfort.

Once when my Dad wasn't doing well, he told me something that has been a comfort. "I don't want you to be sad when I died.  I've had a good life. And beside, what will it be, 10-15 years until you join me?"  Years pass quickly. We won't be apart for long.  We talk about the awesome family reunion he will have when he goes to heaven.  Knowing Jesus makes the difference.  

here is the newest from Cheri. Looks like Elmer is going home tomorrow.

my heart is broken for Cheri. They certainly need this time together. 

Cheri...you are a strong woman! Know that you are doing the right thing for your husband. And to have him home for Valentine's Day is very special and something you will never forget. If I can do anything for you...ever...just ask, my friend. I, and others in this family we have here, are here for you.  You are much loved! 

update

Written Feb 14, 2013 2:37am by cheri blevins

It looks like we will be moving Elmer home by ambulance tomorrow. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from our friends everywhere. Elmer was always amazed at the amount of people that checked in on him. He has touched a lot of lives.

I would like to ask that we not have visitors. The last leg of this journey is the most important one. Our time together has always been precious but never more so than now. His parents, siblings, children and I will walk alone with him the rest of the way.

Please pray that we can be strong enough to make this a peaceful, loving time for Elmer. There will be plenty of time for sadness later...  that he be surrounded by love and comfort is the priority now.

I will try and post a progress report each day. So many people have became a part of our daily lives through this site. I will forever feel grateful.

I'm praying that hospice works out quickly for Cheri and Elmer.

From the sound of Cheri's posts, its a much better environment for them.

I spend much of my time volunteering at a local hospice.

This is going to sound weird, but I love going there.

It's full of love.

And gratitude.

It's peaceful.

There is no more fighting.

Or suffering.

Or deciding.

Or wondering.

I know God is holding them in His hands.

I'm hoping Cheri will get to feel Him at home with hospice care.

I too have volunteered at the local hospice and feel the same way.  There is such peace and understanding and comfort.  It is truly gods place.

Ginny

Cheri, I don't think I have ever quoted a bible passage, but I do believe this. I pray for you and Elmer and your family. It's going to be ok.

Philippians 4:6-7 says “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

Cheri, please know that God is with you with every step of this journey. Wish I had words of wisdom for you but I don't .

I know how very helpful Hospice is  here and they are a wonderful blessing for those receiving their services. I pray hospice will help you, Elmer and your families on this journey and you feel God's arms around you.

Hugs!

Cheri and Elmer,

Though you may not see them, angels walk beside you both now, and when the time comes for them to take Elmer the rest of the way 'home' they will softly and sweetly carry him on their wings, and will hold Cheri peacefully wrapped in God's love as Elmer makes his journey. I know this to be true, as I have seen His amazing grace first hand as I stayed with my father during his own journey 'home'.

Peace be with you.

Dear Cheri,

There are no good words at this time to make it any easier for you. I know you gone through this before, my heart is breaking for you. There is a very special peace that comes at the end. I held my sister in my arms as she went home to the Lord. I miss her every day and feel a sense of peace when I think of her and our last months together. You are a brave woman and we all love you in our own special way. God bless you and your family.

Archived