Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

I thought it would be good to have a thread available where we can acknowledge what we have rec'd so that people know the blocks they have sent got to where they are going...

So, thank you to Rita Kilpatrick, Barbara Goodson, Renae Gamel,Jeanne Rumans, Susan Contreras, Lorrie Houle, Marilyn Jones, Teresa Taylor, Janet Armstrong, Sandra Darlington, Vicki Bohnoff and Kate Meyers (are you Beth?)...

Thanks everyone.........Sandra Croley

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got another block yesterday!

This one is from Linda Fritchen.

What a cool block........................and yes the colors are gonna work great with the rest.

Actually I have a book on setting unsimilar blocks together and that is why I have let everyone decide on the size. I do not care for samplers that have all the same blocks as much as those that are set togeher with different sizes and you piece the background or sashings to make them all play nice!

I have been working like a woman posessed on our guild major fundraiser. The famous Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta quilt. I am getting close to having it done. Once I have it out the door I can breathe again.

Glad that you like the blocks I sent. Yes, it's fun to get early presents. Since I'm in December I've only received one block. Thank you again Valerie. I'm hoping to make a Christmas theme quilt so would like pine trees, raindeer, angels, holly, santas, stars, Clara, mouse king, nutcrackers, snowwomen (ha, ha), ornaments, bows, sleighs, snowflakes, candles, puppies, kitties, bells, fruits, stockings, wreaths, frosted snow, gingerbread, candy canes, anything that reminds you of Christmas. I saw a beautiful religious block at Road2CA but it is really complex for a present. Any size is fine because I love miniatures. Love embroidery and embellishment, traditional and contemporary art. All this explanation leaves it wide open doesn't it?

Have a great day. Vicki

Hello ladies. I've accumulated 9 blocks and have been so busy this month, I haven't been able to post a thank you for each one.

I've received blocks from:

Sandra Darlington

Janet Armstrong

Susan Contreras

Teresa Taylor

Marylyn

Jeaqnne Rumans

Barbara Goodson

Kate Meyers

Carol Hillary

Thank you all!! I love all of them and can hardly wait to put them together into a quilt.

Debbi

Thank you to Valerie (mbq) for the first block I received: Steps to the Altar block. It's one of my favorites and the colors are wonderful!!

Thank you to Renae Gamel(renaeg) for the second block: Shooting Star 2. The colors are awesome and it's also a block pattern I love. Renae also gave me extra fabric for using with it.

I received an early birthday block the other day from Norece and it is great. Thank you Norece.

Just returned from a weeks vacation, first in 3 years that it was waiting for me..What an nice surprise.

My "goal" is to get started this week on the blocks that I am behind in.

thank you again.

This is going to be so much fun.

Alyn in windy, cold SD

I'm curious how many people are on the Master Birthday List that has been complied and is available from Vickie at dancingstitcher@mac.com.

I have 56 names. Are there more than that. I understand others can join at any time....don't want to leave anyone out. I just finished with Feb and starting on Mar. Trying to stay 1 month out.

Happy Birthday February Girls

Kate Meyers

Archived