Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

I think you can still join. Go the the Birthday Block Exchange strand and contact Vicki, she is keeping up with the master list. Here is her email address: dancingstitcher@mac.com

Good luck, it is fun and a great way to make new friends as well as stretching your comfort zone with different color combinations.:D

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been trying to write each person who has sent me beautiful blocks, but came down with the "bug." Please be patient and I will send my thanks to each.

I do need to know Barbara Goodson's email address. I can't find Leslie Mc Sorley and Marlyn Jones on my master list. What are your birth dates and what do you want for blocks?

Thanks again to Janet Armstrong, Susan Contreras, Lorrie Houle, Carol Hillary, Barbara Goodson and Leslie McSorley. My African blocks are fantastic.

One more thing I had my DH move the blocks to my studio while I've been under the weather and one of the cards got lost. It was from one of the ladies that used to live near me in Knoxville. Please let me know who you are. Really feel like I'm so disorganized...feeling sorry for myself And I have work waiting and due very soon. Guess I'll be late....has never happened before. Tell me it's OK.

You all keep well......this flu really **###@!^&**$#@**Going back to bed.

Kate Meyers

Wears Valley

Sevierville, TN

laststitchstudio@aol.com

Kate, I lived in Knoxville in 2003 and although we currently live in New Albany, Ohio; we also have a lake house in Friendsville, Tennessee. That is on Lake Loudon and is 15 minutes from Knoxville. I hear your weather is much nicer there than here, I'm jealous! We still have snow on the ground and most days are very cloudy and dreary. I do miss the Tennessee climate.:cool:

jjmom...Friendsville is not far from me. In fact, I pass it every month on my way to Tellico for a guild meeting. Let me know when you are in TN again. Hopefully, we can meet. And yes, it's beautiful here...today was in the 70s.

I hope it warms up soon for you. Do have to mention we have budding on our Weeping Cherry tree...that was mean wasn't it. Do hope your snow melts and spring shows up soon.

Susan...tried to email you today and it was returned...must have done something wrong. Oh yeah! I will be thrilled to show off my African quilt.

I am looking in my mail everyday for more blocks...I'm getting greedy. I know this quilt will be beautiful just from the blocks I have received.

I want to thank Linda Buvens for the beautiful star.............I love the background fabrics!

I also want to thank April Wright for the great block.................looks like happy squares to me!

I am beginning to get caught up with my backlog and am going to finish a quilt going off to a contest in the next few days so I can get more blocks sent out.

Thank you Carol Hillary for the darling blocks. It was such a special treat to receive two! I love the packages on the pinwheel design and the pink and green one is a pattern I'd like to copy, almost like an Ohio Star only it spins. How clever. You must be nearly finished with the whole list as the thank you notes are many. Great job!

Kate - Hope you feel better soon. I'll send you an updated list since it sounds like you are missing info.

Vicki

Thank you to carol fo my block I only peaked at your very funny note I am sure it will fit just fine. I am waiting to open them all at once so I can be surprised at once when I lay them out to assemble

I will plan a day when I can actually sew them together

Susan

THANK YOU CAROL!!!

I just receive my first block today and it is beautiful. I can just imagine what my quilt will look like. WOW! This is so exciting. This made my day Carol, as I have been laid up for a couple of days with pneumonia. I try to get up and do a little work or try to work on blocks but my body tells me to rest. Thanks again Carol, I love the colors. Will post a picture later.

Rebecca/Rockton, Illinois

Cottage Quilter

Archived