Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

There are 61 numbers, but four were removed from the list so the total is 57 now. Kate you are missing Elaine and her birthday isn't until August. There are only four in Feb. - Sue is first, then Valerie and Kate have the same birthdays - the day after Valentine's Day, and Nita is at the end. There are only three of us in Dec. if you want to get your Christmas shopping done early. Wink, wink.

Vicki

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you to Linda Fritchen for the beautiful block. It made the walk to the mailbox worthwhile! The temperature outside is the coldest I can remember!!! Time to curl up under a quilt with my book...

Sandra

P.S. Vicki, I would also like an updated list...thanks....croley@linetap.com

Look for an update to Kate, Teresa, Jeanne, Sandra, Debbi, and Sandra.

Just did my 16th block today and made it for Cheryl Uribe, all yellow. It's so pretty.

If your birthday is in January and you haven't received one from me, just wait until I get into the jewel tone mood. Please give people a chance to get their blocks to you even if your birthday passes by a month or two. There are a lot of guild functions right now and I'm sure business demands are high too.

Vicki

Wow Sue, you are really good at piecing with perfect points. Thank you for the Christmas star. You sent a lovely card too. Thank you. You may want to come visit me since it is 14 degrees for you and in the 80s here in Anthem (Phoenix) for me. Bring a queen or smaller quilt and you can give me a longarm class.

It's interesting how the green in the block matches my pool table.

Vicki

I received two more blocks:

Thank you to Sandra Croley for the great maple leaf and to Sara Crocker for the beautiful log cabin variation!

Today I sent out my first 5 blocks and they are all different. I will be looking forward to hearing that they have been received. I have decided to just work my way down the list so they are the first 5 names.

I've received two beautiful blocks. Thank you to Vicki Bohnhoff and Renae Gamel. They both came the same day. Such a wonderful surprise since my b'day isn't until December!

I've got January done and mailed. One left for February. And two others to get to the post office. This is fun.

Thank you so much Jeanne. Since you aren't here to see me open your gift, I thought I would show you the smile on my face from receiving your block. The Christmas holly in all three fabrics is really pretty and the complexity is such a generous gift. You can see that Rudy likes my present too. If I look a little kookie, it's because I'm the one with the camera, not knowing where to look in the mirror.

Have a great day too. Vicki

post--13461897882218_thumb.jpg

I just received my first block in the mail and my birthday isn't til October! What fun, Thank you Valerie Edwards from Canada, the block is beautiful I love the bright colors and can't wait to see what else I'll get to go with it. You were definitely industrious to get it done this early. Hope you are staying warm in Canada. It is 1 degree here with a wind chill of -15 and we have 9 inches of snow with 1-2 more inches expected Saturday. I stay in and quilt or make blocks for all the birthday girls for the most part. Only go out to buy groceries or go to my 17 year old son's (jj) basketball games. It is perfect weather to get a lot of birthday blocks done and I am really having a lot of fun doing them.:)

I received 2 blocks today. One from Linda Fritchen and another one from Nita. Thank you both for the wonderful blocks!!! My blocks so far seem to be falling into 2 categories:

1. The bright purples and lime greens

2. The dusky/amythest purples and darker greens.

Both are wonderful!! My bedroom is purple and green and I'm toying with creating 2 different wall hangings for my bedroom from them.

Thanks again Linda and Nita!!

Debbi

I think the birthday block exchange was a great idea. Is it to late to join? My birth date is 2/7. It is fun just to see the blocks, what a great way to meet new friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca/ Illinois

The Cottage Quilter

cottagequilts210@aol.com

Archived