Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

I am debating merging my Birthday blocks (houses) with my Friendship (scrappy) blocks. Have done a rough layout with sashing strips. Would need to add to the size of most of my birthday blocks, but that\'s not a problem.

Still waiting on a few more Friendship blocks to arrive.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pam, Thank you so much for the beautiful birthday block. I wasn\'t expecting any more to come through. I think I now have 8 from last years swap. I can\'t remember everyone I sent one to so if I missed you please let me know and I\'ll get one out your way. Thank you again, Dianne (DB)

Just received a beautiful block from Pam h. Thank you soooo much. and Susan Contreras, my apologies, evidentaly your fat quarter arrived some time ago and DH put it out in my shop for me. Bless his heart, forgot to tell me.

I am still working on blocks and all of you wonderful people that sent me such beautiful blocks will eventually recieve one from me, probably in the form of a pot holder or mini wall as I know most of you have put your quilts together. I do apologize, just never expected life to step in quite like it did, kind of like putting more food on your plate than your stomach can handle. LOL. thank you for your graciousness.

ya know mine came back from Amanda last fall. I still have it sitting here - really nice block too. I emailed her and Tammie many times, no response at all. I have asked for her address on other posts that she has made, again no response. If you do get an address for her, and if she still wants the blocks, please let me know, I would try and send it again. I had even bought a FQ just for her block and tried sending her the extra fabrics too...:(

Pam H - I am sending you an email with the address for Sue A.

the other block that came back to me was for "Sew Happy" in MT Maybe I can just use these blocks for the Friendship exchange..... or I could post a photo here and see if anybody else wants them????

o.k. folks - I have a couple of blocks I would like to get rid of.......

This first one was for "Sew Happy" #55 on our list. She wanted these colors: Green, purple, orange and metal. I mailed it, it came back, I emailed - no response.

Does anybody want this???? If so, please just email me your address and I will send it to you. As you can see it is about 10 1/4" square. First to email will get it - Good luck!

post--13461899578834_thumb.jpg

I am trying to clean-off all of the scraps and stuff on my cutting table. Here is the other one - it has been sitting here since last Nov. Again - It came back and I emailed many times - no response..... This was for Amanda Baggett #29 on our list of names. She wanted Black and Pink. I bought this fabric just for this block at the MN quilt show. So cute I didn\'t want to cut it up! Again - first to email......

This is a 12 1/2" block.

Those are Hot Pink Lips on there and the words say "Kss & Tell....." and "Shhh......"

post--13461899578971_thumb.jpg

Judi, If no one else wants the purple block I\'d love to add it to the ones I received last year, I think I received 8. I think I sent one to "Sew Happy". I know that I haven\'t had any returned in any of the swaps that I sent out. Dianne

Dianne - You are #67 on our list right? Is your address the same as last year? The block is yours now and I will put it an envelope for you. Please click on my "email" button and send me your address if it has changed - glad to help you out and you are helping me out too!!

Judi, I think I was #67 on the list. I joined the birthday swap late so I don\'t think that I made it onto alot of peoples lists. I haven\'t moved, same address in Ma. Thank you so much. Dianne

Hello Everybody, hope you are all well and happy. I just received a Block for 2007 from Pam Hish. Thank you very much Pam, it is a beautiful Ohio Star Block.

In case anyone else sees me on the list, please note that I had requested to be removed from it last year and cannot participate in the exchange.

Thank you again.

Monika

To all those who haven\'t completed and mailed your friendship blocks:

You really need to try to get these completed and in the mail. The deadline for receipt is May 31, not that far away. Plus, the cost of postage goes up soon, so you might want to try to beat that:P

To everyone who has diligently followed the rules- THANK YOU. This is great fun when it all goes right.

Archived