Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brenda: It's not too late to join the Birthday Block group. Please send your full name, address, birthday, block size (8.5, 10.5, 12.5 unfinished), block colors (jewel, red/white, brights, any choice), and any block preferences (cotton, batik, Ohio Star, nine-patch, Christmas, African, your choice). Contact me at dancingstitcher@mac.com and I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet of participants. You can do a dozen or all 66.

Be sure to pre-wash all the fabrics and you can send them in any order you wish. When you get blocks from others, be sure to thank them either by direct email or on the chat, then put their name at the top of your list for sending a return block. We've been having a lot of fun with this and I'm sure you will too. I personally have learned to do some new block patterns and have started some nice friendships through one-on-one correspondence. Let me know what you decide.

Jeanne is really helpful. Thanks. You might put her first on your list to send a block.

Vicki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been working really hard on your birthday blocks the last few weeks. I have a growing stack that will be getting into the mail soon. I too am working my way down the list so you might get them early, late or even ontime:)

I think I have 12 finished and ready to mail, another one cut out and ready to sew.

Thank you Pauline for my birthday block its lovely! I was gong to wait until my birthday to open them but I open yours by accident oops what an awesome surprise!!

I have un opened blocks from I can't wait unitil I get to open them!

Vicki

rebeccaa Martinez

carol Hillary

the meyers

lourie houle

I have 19 blocks in envelopes that are going in the mail tommorow!

Here are a couple of photos:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2087979700053837050bDOGNm

and another group here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2592712500053837050THyNWj

I am doing my best to try to figure out what to do with each block as everyone has different things and choices so I hope that each recipient enjoys the block that I made for them.

Ami, Barbara, and Judi:

Thanks for the wonderful blocks. I got home late last night from being out of town and there were three packages with birthday blocks in them. And they're all beautiful. I love getting birthday blocks. It's like Christmas all year long. I can't wait to have enough to make a quilt.

Thank you Ami for my fantastic Christmas star in red, green and white. That was so sweet of you to put that much time into making it with all those little pieces. Sent you a separate email and enjoyed our chat on the phone. Wow, someone lit a fire under you! You're making great progress.

Sounds like many of you are getting active again and attacking the list. That's fantastic! ;) Norece wrote that she is nearly done. After the baby blocks are all stitched into quilts this week, I'll get my gears rotating again too as I am near to the half way mark. I'm so happy for all you guys because you are really doing something nice for each other. Wonderful progress.

Vicki

Vicky you are most welcome. I figured you should get a special block for putting togher that awesome spreasheet that all of us are keeping organized with!

I too am close to the half way mark. I made two more blocks today and will keep at it again till I have another pile so will likely not mail any for a week or two.

I'm also miserably behind, thanks to the confusion the last few weeks. I actually thought I 'd get caught up once school got out for the summer. Wow, what a misconception that was. I still have to finish the butterfly quilt, and make 10 or 12 little craft show specials, then I'll get the birthday blocks back on track.

I am very glad that you all are enjoying the blocks I have sent. It is very

nice to hear from people, to know that the blocks were received. I am still

getting caught-up myself...... life gets so busy! But I will not give-up or ever

stop - that is not an option! I have 4 more to make / thank that have

already sent to me. I will get them done soon, and post photos of all of the

blocks I have received.

I like looking at the photos of all of these blocks - giving me more ideas too!

Why are some of the old photos still misssing? bummer...:(

I was just going through the topics here, and trying to see if all of the

blocks I have sent out were received yet or not........

Ami - sorry to hear the the email bounced back, not sure why.

But glad to hear you have the block!

Judi I think I might have put in the wrong address and it bounced back but I am glad you did get my message that I got your beautiful block.

Not sure if yours was one of the 21 I sent out on Saturday and my list is upstairs. I think I am pretty close to halfway thru right now. I made another block today.

For those of you that are having trouble just do one block at a time if need be. Some can be batched in groups of the same block or the same fabrics. I have done mine both ways, one a day and then I did some in a group where I did the same block for a group as they wanted the same size so I cut them all out...............each get different colors and fabrics.

Do not get overwhelmed just continue to make blocks one at a time. I now have three sitting on my done pile. I label the envelopes as I go and check them off the list.

vicki your beautiful block arrived yesterday. thank you so much, I will try to post a picture of the four I have received so far next week. I am so bad about that. Those dancing bananas are just toooo cute:P and I absoltutely love the hybiscus. thank you again :D

Norece, your beautiful block arrived. it is wonderful!!!!! You did a very good job on it my friend. thank you so much. Now if I can just figure out how to take a picture and post it, I will have some really pertty tropical blocks to share with everyone.

Archived