George on a longarm table

mcfay

Sure. You need a carriage that will support the head, gliding wheels with axles strong enough to give you a smooth ride, a frame with a rail or groove system for the second set of wheels--that is also strong enough to hold the weight of the head, perhaps a different power cord so the machine can reach the length of the table, and a small bucket of cash.

Sorry to be snarky, B)  but the George head is a standard APQS head so you can order whatever you need from them. If you have a different frame system, I'm sure someone at APQS or even your Rep could guide you through all the pieces you'll need to accomplish the transformation on a non-APQS frame. My concern would be fitting the head and gliding on your existing carriage, and also how the head fits around your present roller configuration. It will be an adventure!

I hope you could find a buyer for your table--the George tables are well-loved by the Georgettes!

I really don't think so.  My George is made to sit down into the cabinet/table so his body has more "below" the needle level than I think you would find on the other APQS heads,  I don't think it will sit stable on a carriage since mine has two screws to hold the head in position in the cabinet. 

You might do yourself better to check with the company and see if there is a good trade-in option on a frame and new head.

• 8 months later...

Mrs A, you say there is a Market for the George machine in your area? I'm trying to sell my George and have listed it on Craig's List and on Quilting Board, but haven't rec'd one bite from any of those sources. Would you be kind enough to tell me how/where I should list it to get some inquiries? I'm really desparate to sell b/c George just isn't for me! Just bought it in May and haven't done but one Quilt & Lots of practice samples, so it's still brand new and i'm willing to pay shipping or deliver it.  Is there a way to put it on this forum with pics and where would be best place to put it? APQS suggested coming here to advertise, but I don't know how to go about it. Tnx for any Help ya'll would be able to give me.......Judy

Hi Judy:

Just post the specifics here...the year of your George?  You mentioned that you bought it in May but there is a post earlier on this thread from February.  Was that someone else wanting to transform their George?  Here on the forum, no photos are necessary.  Anyone who wants to see a picture can visit the APQS webpage but most of us know what he looks like.  (Handsome).  What price would be acceptable for you?  Where are you located?  Your offer of shipping or delivery should really sweeten the deal for someone.  Just post the info here on this thread in the forum.  I'll see what I can do around here (Tucson AZ).  Because I am a George rep, I know a few people who want a George but are not able to afford a new one right now.  I'd like to help you AND them.     Nancy in Tucson

Archived