1990's Ultimate I for sale on eBay

I know you can add a CompuQuilter to an Ultimate 1 because CQ doesn't need a stitch regulator to run. APQS' new Quilt Path DOES require a stitch regulator and I understood that IQ did too, but someone with more knowledge that I have about IQ could give you accurate information on that. The new CQ3 is awesome, with many newly added features.

Thanks for chiming in, Darlene.  The I/Q doesn't need to have a stitch regulator on ahead of time, but you do get a discount if you add it on when installed at the same time as the I/Q (according to their website).  I/Q can be run with or with out it on the machine is what I understand.  I need to get to a show or two and see the different systems that will work on my Ulti I and find out the differences and features.

IQ needs the needle positioner (single stitch) to run.  If you don't have it you could add Intellistitch.  I've had the IQ for over a year and a half and just added the IS this week.  I am real happy with both.  Valerie, Kasa Engineering the manufacturer of the IQ and IS systems is near Columbus Ohio.

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, that is the right auction, Kristine. They have relisted it.  The seller said this came from a school who had it in their Home Ec program, but the program was dissolved, so the school is selling a lot of their equipment.

Archived