Kansas Comfort...my latest creation (Updated: Pattern Available)

This quilt is a test quilt of a pattern I came up with from playing with log cabin blocks I purchased in a grab bag from the local quilt store that just throws what they don't want into a huge trash can for others to go through. Kind of like the old saying, "one man's trash is another man's treasure?" All but one of the fabrics is from the Kansas Troubles lines of fabric. I finally finished quilting and binding it this week. I just wanted some simple custom quilting and I really like the results. Straight lines following the beadboard border, CC's in the 49-patch blocks, straight line 1/4" outlining in the dark parts of the log cabin blocks and feathers in the light areas, and sunshine rays in the setting triangles. I had requested a board be made to look like sunshine rays from Dennis Rech before Christmas. I was able to use it for the 1st time on my very own quilt. I LOVE IT! His response to my "do I have your permission to give you credit as to where I got the board before I post on the forum" was "Oh golly gosh, YES. Also let the forum know that I have a warm spot in my heart for women who send me chocolate chip cookies." So if you are so inclined to love the effect I got from this sunshine ray board, hit him up with some chocolate chip cookies for a great deal on one! ;) Thanks for looking. Oops...I changed the pictures as I was just able to hang it outside and take better pictures. 1st one is of part of the back of the quilt, then detail, then full.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE INTERESTED, THE PATTERN IS NOW AVAILABLE! Please send me a U2U if you'd like to purchase one. Thanks!

post-3924-0-85045200-1360362381_thumb.jpg

post-3924-0-54359600-1360362461_thumb.jpg

post-3924-0-68851200-1360362541_thumb.jpg

Hi Cindy...

As I said on FB, congrats on this. It's fab!

Now, may I inquire about the sunshine ray board?

I love the effect it gave.

Did you use it with the QZ?

Is it continuous within the block?

Any chance you could post a pic of it?

Hi Cindy...

Yes, Meg, I used the board with my QZ. The board is made of 1/2" MDF and DH drilled holes for it to fit with the longer screws. It is continuous within the block, and here's a picture of it. I banged up the corners somehow so there's painter's tape to remind me to be more careful with it.

Hi Cindy...

Yes, Meg, I used the board with my QZ. The board is made of 1/2" MDF and DH drilled holes for it to fit with the longer screws. It is continuous within the block, and here's a picture of it. I banged up the corners somehow so there's painter's tape to remind me to be more careful with it.

post-3924-0-68296000-1360371085_thumb.jpg

Good luck, I sent Dennis and Linda a box of home candy at Christmas.  They never got the candy , I did get the empty box back from the postoffice and it had been cut open.    So send me the cookies and i will let Dennis know how good they were.  LOL   

Thank you all for the responses.  I was going to "LIKE" each one of them, but the system told me "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day".  Now I'm laughing.  Oh well, I would have liked to acknowlege everyone's responses with a LIKE.

Chrisquilter, it will fit the Quiltazoid base as long as you drill the holes to mount it or hold it on with clamps.  I didn't have any trouble marking the holes from another Quiltazoid board and then giving it to DH to drill the holes. 

Archived