I'm gone

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks,  No I'm not ill, not  injured, and no I'm not going on a vacation.. wish we could afford at least

an overnighter..

I am not on a pity party, just tired of the same ol', same ol' ..... umm  crud.

If I reply to a thread with what I hope would be helpful to more than just the one

no one comments, so I don't know if I was a help at all.

If I ask a question in a thread, I'm jumped right

over and the convo goes on with no answer

to me  OR  the thread stops with me.

I try to encourage, but don't know if it

would help, did help or didn't..

If I make a post about a new product, not one

answer!!

It just leaves me wondering why...  It hurts,

yes, but I can handle that..and besides no one else

can do it for me.

I just don't understand and have asked before.

I am just tired of it.. maybe some day I will return

but for now,  well, I'm gone

Rita

I always have gained from your comments and suggestions.  I have started to post more, but still learning and trying to share, but not always sure I'm accurate.  Please stay with us as you are a valuable asset.  Maybe we all need to learn to be a little more supportive.  At the very least just take a break and then join us again.  I read more than I post, but have been trying to contribute more, so hopefully others will also.  Some of it may be the new website as people seem to be slow adjusting to change.  I sure am.  I feel like a dinosaur trying to do the new forum and figure out facebook.  I used to be good at this stuff.

Maybe you just need a break.  I think we all do at times.  Know that you are part of the family and are cared for. 

On another note I also read about Elmer at caring bridge, but have trouble expressing my feelings due to personal previous similar circumstances and i'm sure others do also.  We all care, but maybe we all need to show it more. 

Hang in there.

Shirley

Oh, Rita, you are a valuable member of this forum; I too,  have gained knowledge and information from you and all the other members who have so much experience and so much to share. Please forgive me for standing back sometimes; and just know that it is not any single person who I may not respond to or any group. I learn, learn, learn from you gals! Thank you for sharing so much.

I'm a little lost for words. I'm so sorry that I may have been one that did not answer a question. Rita you always share your knowledge and I have learned so much form you and others. I will miss you here but hope you will be peeking in around the corner and eventually return. I will welcome you back with open arms  and several cyber hugs!  (((((U)))))

Me too, Rita...I'm sorry if I missed you along the way.  I often do a "drive-by" on this group.  Sometimes I see a response and I smile and acknowledge it, but I may not write anything.  When I have a few minutes I try to catch up.  Often I just look at the new stuff so I know I miss a lot.  This forum is a little harder than the old forum, but we're all trying to get the hang of it.  I've learned so much from this site and it's more than just quilting.  There is a lot of companionship and support here.  Take a break if you still need it and we'll be here when you come back or you can go get a cup of coffee and come sit and we'll talk it out.  Please know that there are a lot of people here who care about you. 

Dear friend--please know you are wanted and needed! I think your feelings are hurt because of unintended slights. A recent situation with a new member and an "oldie" ( sorry in advance, K!) pointed up the fact that we must be very specific and also very careful with our replies and opinions. 

Also please realize that lots of people have situations going on behind the scenes that we cannot possible know about. They may have family problems, job loss (that's me--sorta), serious health issues and such which may limit their time and attention on the forum. Hang in there and we'll all try to be better..... :wub:

Rita,

Ditto on all of the above, I hope you will still stop in and be a part of our family!  We value your input and look forward to hearing from everyone on the forum at some point or another.  I for one have not been on line as much lately, just busy with life..and some health issues, but also find that I am not seeing all of the posts.  I think this new forum is taking some time to get used to...but anyway...please don't give up on us...we hope to continue seeing you on line!

Rita, Me too on the ditto of all the above!!  I have not been on  the chat as much, cause I Just can't get used to the new forum.  Quite bluntly (is that a word?) :) , I don't like this new forum.  It just doesn't seem as (for lack of a better word) intiment and close like it did before.  :mellow:     I am trying to make myself get on it , # 1, cause I really feel like we ARE a family on here, and I don't want to loose connections with you all and # 2 I love seeing the quilts and all the beautiful work!   Just know that we all love you and would love to see you stay on here!! But you need to do what is best for you!  Love you as my quilting family!! :wub:   linda

Dear Rita, I hope you will reconsider. I like hearing your comments and input. I'm not always the best at responding just because there often isn't enough time in the day. I love your posts about QOV. QOV quilts were how I got lots of practice when I started longarming. My son is in the US Navy so anything service related is near and dear to me. Sending you lots of (((HUGS)))! And Himself, too!

Archived