Checking on Sylvia

Holey moley! Mother Nature is harsh and indiscriminate. Sylve--right through your backyard? I have the shivers thinking about it!

I can't tell you how good it is to read you are OK--Sharon too!

I think you should move everyone out here to Washington--we worry about volcanoes, earthquakes on occasion, and rainrainrain. 

Sending you all a big hug and a sigh of relief.

The destruction of our neighboring homes is awful! I see more each day that scares me to death. Lines r still down on our street. Houses and lives ripped apart in just seconds. They finally opened the hwy near my street yesterday and we drove that direction. It is something to see. Just a block from us it is total devistation. Gods hand was on us all to have saved our lives in this community! We r so fortunate to worship a kind and gentle God! Remember those who have lost so much in this troubled time. We still have no net no phone and no cable or newspaper. I only get a tiny bit of info from neighbors. Keep quilting and remember Hattiesburg and Oak Grove n your prayers!

Thanks again you guys for thinking about and praying for our area.  The damage is far worse than I first suspected.  The roads near my house have finally all opened and we drove down to several neighborhoods near us (where we walk and where friends live).  They houses are just gone!  I just do not see how people were not killed!  Trees down in whole areas where their used to be hidden houses they are hidden no more!  It is a sad sad sight.  Again thanks for thinking of us here in the deep South!

Archived