Hand Applique Quilt

Sue the one thing I didn't mention on that blog post about the book is the price...which was about $90 to print!    :o   So I doubt anyone would want to buy one at that price.

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments about the quilt and quilting. It truly is a team effort!

Perhaps you could get a quantity discount! :)

Your quilting is fantastic!  I am still lost on process.  Do you quilt allover with one design such as beadboard then SID then come back and do feathers and complete each block? Or do you complete each block as you roll the quilt? Wonderful blog by the way.

Marsha I complete each section as I roll. So started at the top with the feather outer border just across the top then SID the sashing and blocks in the top row then fill in the details. Once that area was done I roll. This isn't how I do all my quilts, there are some where I will SID the whole quilt and then go back and fill in the details. But the background space was to large to leave these block unquilted so I quilted it all before rolling. You can pin or baste these spaces and then go back but it's just my personal preference to quilt as I roll.

Thanks for the compliment on my blog.

Archived