Canadians - batting source?

Are you looking for a wholesale distributor?  You'll likely need a HST or GST tax number to buy direct.  Depending where you are located, the shipping costs from the warehouse can be costly.  Ask for an estimate of the shipping costs.  I was told that shipping can be less if you order packaged batting in a box rather than batting rolls because rolls have to put on a shipping pallet. I do the math to calculate the actual cost of the batting (per metre including shipping).

The following are wholesale distributors I have dealt with.

Trend-tex (Canadian Wholesaler) carries Arctic brand batting, (cotton, 80/20, bamboo, poly).  Great batting and prices, they offer free or reduced shipping a couple of times a year. Ships from Vancouver.

Contemporary Sewing Materials (CSM) carry Hobbs batting brand, ships from Vancouver. Ask if they have a first-time order shipping promo.

N. Jefferson carries Pellon/ Legacy and Warm Co. batting that ships from Vancouver. They offer reduced shipping on orders > $300.00.

HA Kidd carries Fairfield and ships from either Edmonton or Montreal. No shipping relief offered.

As Kathy posted above JN Harper's carries Quilters Dream brand.  I really like QD, it is shipped from Montreal so it costs me a fortune to get it to BC. I asked but no shipping relief is offered.

(All distributors are happy to charge the order to your credit card).

Hope this helps.

Leslie

I appreciate the above posts because I am in Canada, but in Ontario.  You didn't mention where you are from.

I too have bought from Quiltsource (which I can drive to) and Trendtex (when they have reduced shipping).  You need a business account to order from these sources.   There is also George Courey.  I'm not sure, but I think they ship from Toronto and I have found that their shipping is very reasonable.  They sell Hobb's.

• 8 months later...

Matt of Sparrow Studioz is in Edmonton and they have Hobbs 80/20 in stock most of the time.  Matt is a Rep for APQS and has been selling the machines for years.  Him and his wife Bradie are the best resource to have especially because you are in Alberta.  He started doing road shows too so they may be in your area soon.  Their number is 780 463-4242.  Check their website too.  They also carry thread now.  

Archived