Blessed by friendship

As many of you know, Elmer died at 1:15 this afternoon. He was in my arms with his family around us. I would like to say it was an easy and peaceful death but it wasn't. It was more horrible than I could have imagined. He is finally at peace now.

Thank you my forum friends. You have become an important part of my family.

I will be displaying the quilt made with love by you at the funeral home along with the one I received from sweet Kristina today.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for standing behind me with love and understanding through the hardest time of my life.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am truly blessed to have known Elmer and of course you Cheri.  He will be missed by so many of us.  I am so glad to have you as a friend and feel you are also family.  God brought us together for a reason, I am here for you anytime and hope you know that.  I think of you constantly and pray that you get peace.  Love you.

Cheri, there just aren't any words to express how sorry I am that you had to go through this. I will continue to lift you and Elmer's family in prayer for strength for the days, weeks and months ahead.  I am so glad that brought him home and were able to hold him.

Cheri, I am so very sorry for your loss - my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.  I, also, am so sorry that his final moments weren't as peaceful as would have been hoped for, but rest assured that his soul is at peace now that the physical body is no longer suffering. Elmer is now sitting at Jesus' feet waiting till you two are joined once again. God bless you, Cheri.

Cheri,

Praying for God's comfort and peace for you in the days and weeks ahead.  May our wonderful Lord hold you in His hands and walk you through the next painful days.  I'm glad we were able to provide you with strength through this difficult time.  You're a wonderful friend to all of us.

Archived