Featherlight Side Clamps

I had the 24" red snapper side clamps and I didn't like them because if you need to roll your quilt a little one way or the other you have to take them off.  I traded my wide ones for 12". I think the red snapper ones are similar to those shown in the video.

Also, the red snappers are quite stiff when you first get them, but they do loosen up as you use them.  Don't know whether the same would be true with those shown in the video.

My used Mille had a set of 4 and I have since replaced two because I wore them out - They are absolutely wonderful and I also like them the best! I didn't know they came in larger sizes, however. I like using the 4 so I can leave a small gap between them to move my head to the side of the quilt without removing the clamps.

I used to have these about five years ago and had a hard time getting them on the fabric (coordination problems! LOL) and then they would slip off unintendedly, too easily, and I would have to reattach them, which frustrated me. I gave them away when I sold my Proflex/Pfaff Grand Quilter set-up. Makes me wonder if I had a bad set or perhaps they have changed the design over the years. They do look like then open up a little differently (wider) than the ones I had but mine were "Featherlight Clamps" and I got them from Kingsmen.

Does anyone know if they have changed or improved them?

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered these the 21st of February but still have not received them.  Has anyone else ordered and gotten theirs?  I have emailed them twice but gotten no response.  It was charged to my credit card and I got an email saying they would be shipped via the post office.  I do live in northern MN however our mail service is not that bad.  I sure would have thought I would have gotten them by now.  I waited to load a quilt wanting to use them but got tired of waiting. 

I ordered these the 21st of February but still have not received them.  Has anyone else ordered and gotten theirs?  I have emailed them twice but gotten no response.  It was charged to my credit card and I got an email saying they would be shipped via the post office.  I do live in northern MN however our mail service is not that bad.  I sure would have thought I would have gotten them by now.  I waited to load a quilt wanting to use them but got tired of waiting. 

Me Too !    I e-mailed them last night asking about it.  I got my confirmation e-mail that they got the order, but figured they should be here by now.  I have not heard a response yet.   My account has also been charged.   :angry:  I am in Iowa, but we aren't at the ends of the earth or been completely cut off from any deliveries because of snow.   We have received everything else we have ordered from other places and mail every day, too.     Not very good Customer Service when they won't answer e-mails !!!!

I ordered mine too and still haven't received anything except the confirmation email. They didn't answer my email either. Wonder what's up? I'd really like to get them soon! I'm in PA and have gotten everything else I have ordered from other places. Sigh....

Really irritates me when a company will not respond to e-mails.  Now I just sent mine last night but you gals have send yours before and no response.  If they have an online website, accept orders online, then they better commuinicate with their customers online as well.  

I had a similar thing happen to me last July with an Iowa company........I have wanted a "barn quilt"......the big wooden ones that actually hang on the barn, shed, house, etc.   Well, I read in our local paper where a company in Iowa had made one for local  organization.   So, I thought it would be nice to give the business to an Iowa company.   They have a website, you can order online, etc.   I placed our order and gave them their $$ upfront as they requested (first mistake).   I was told it would take aabout 8 weeks.........fine, no problem..........8 weeks went by, then 12 weeks with nothing from them.   I e-mailed several times with no response........I finally sent another e-mail that if I did not hear from them or receive my order by a certain date, I wanted a FULL REFUND and they would get no good recommendations from me.   Well, after threatening them, I finally get an e-mail with all sorts of excuses.   She SAID she e-mailed me from her phone.........I never received any e-mails from her phone, computer or anywhere else.  Then she had been sick........fine........they are running a business.......if the person is sick, then surely SOMEONE there could contact their customers to apologize for the delay, etc. etc.   Now we are approaching November !!!   Finally the last time she promised I would have it by Thanksgiving, as we would have strong young men here to help hang it.   TG came and went - NOTHING.   Another e-mail giving her a deadline - OR ELSE.   I was a fool to let it go on as long as I did.   FINALLY, in December, we got the barn quilt.   We are into winter now, so the barn quilt is sitting in the garage waiting for spring and helpers to hang it.   

I am debating how long to wait before I dispute the charge on my credit card.  I don't mind waiting if there is some sort of problem but sure don't like that they don't answer emails.  With a web site they sure must check it daily.  I will keep you all posted as to if I receive the order.

I have had mine for several years and like them a lot but I remember that it took a while to get them. The first 2 snapped at the point where the tape goes through. However, they replaced these and changed the design so this has not happened again. I use 2 on each side. If I had not already bought these I probably would have got the red snappers.

Archived