Not another Glacier Star...yes, another one

I think this is Glacier Star number seven that I've quilted since a local JN class last year. All were "the same but different" so I never got bored. This customer used fabrics from a jelly roll pack for all but the larger pieces/background. The instructor told her it wouldn't work, but she was happy to prove the instructor wrong. :)

The fabric requirements for JN quilts are notorious for being very (shall we say) "generous" and I've heard that complaint from every customer--that they had enough fabric left over to almost make another quilt.

Thanks for looking!

post-881-0-72525600-1361456945_thumb.jpg

post-881-0-15699600-1361457071_thumb.jpg

Linda, once again, you've made a quilt absolutely sing! Gorgeous!!!!

I'm so happy to hear about Judy's patterns calling for way too much fabric! I'm getting my colors together to take to Empty Spools next week and I'm taking a class from her. I'm going to attempt the Agave Garden pattern...hoping the colors I'm going with work!  

That quilting is perfect on that quilt!  I've made a couple JN quilts myself and yep! there's plenty of leftover fabric.  I"m starting the Mariner Compass next week and am in the process of fabric selecting right now.  First I have to finish the Bali Wedding Star on my design board.  And then quilt it....I'll be looking to all of you for inspiration!

Debbie

Archived