Need some help please!

lindasewsit

I'm working away on my quilt... I am changing bobbins and thread colors on this quilt.  I always have a little scrap at the side of the quilt to test before I start the next part (color).   My thread on top is "sloppy", especially when I am going left to right, but bothways. It is kind of loose..  I re threaded several times, put in a new bobbin, (bob's prewound) and even put  a new needle in... Still doing it... Can anyone help?  thanks!

Have you checked the bobbin to see how loose or tight the tension is?  When I first brought home my long arm the bobbin tension was so loose that no matter how loose would loosen up the top tension it still brought the bobbin thread right up to the top.  I tightened the bobbin up a hair and now it is fine.  I would maybe check your bobbin case and rethread the top. to be sure, making sure the top thread goes through the tension disks.  Also when you're checking your bobbin be sure that the thread is going through the little tension spring.  Mine has popped out of there more than once after putting the bobbin case back in the machine...and it makes a big thread mess!   :)

I know some on this board suggest a tuft of batting through the first thread doohicky (that's a real technical term there) that your thread goes through at the back of the machine.  The lady I bought mine from had a piece there...and it has stayed there ever since!   :)

That's all I've got!   :)  I hope you get it worked out!   :)

OK... I think I finally got it.  I loosened my bobbin thread.   I didn't check it when I put my new color bobbin in  cause it was the same kind of bobbin...  guess what!!  It needs to be checked every time!!  ( lesson learned!) :huh:   I also put a little bit of batting in that first dohinkey :P  on the back above the thread spool.   I think it is ok now!!  Whew!  Thanks ladies!!!  2 hours later, I have it figured out.... I think!  Thank you!!! 

Archived