New Generation Millie

I feel for you.  The same thing happens to all of us.  I had just purchased mine and the bliss system came out.  It was an additional $3000, but I'm glad I bought it.  The ease of use is super.  I hope you can upgrade if you really want these extras, but they'll come out with different ones in a few years.  We're still lucky because we have quality machines with or without the upgrades. When I heard about the new upgrades I also wondered if they could be fitted to the older machines.

Thank you Libby,  I guess it is like getting a new car.  Your heart is set on a certain model, you scrimp and save, buy your dream car only to have the next model to be perfect.  Kinda like, I start watching a new show, really enjoy it and it gets cancelled.  I should be thankful for what I have since they are great machines and I love quilting.  The problems I am having with my machine would be easier to address with the New Generation features.

I agree with Marsha, it is like buying a new car, there is something better around the corner. If you don't take the leap and buy, you may never because you are always waiting for the next, newer, better model. It drives me crazy too, but such is life. I am glad you got your machine!

I see no problem with it IF they tell you there is something new just ahead.  When you buy a new car you know the new models are coming soon and you make an informed choice to purchase last year's model.  Not fun when it is sprung on you afterwards.  I love my Freedom and am glad to have her and wish for no other.

I just got my Freedom with Quilt Glide and Bliss last month. I love it but it would have been nice to know about the upcoming lifetime warranty, low bobbin indicator and thread break indicator. I wonder if they can be added at any point without trading in a brand new machine.

I cannot tell you how blessed I feel after having my DH buy me a new 2012 Millie last fall.   Though I would have been extremely grateful with a used APQS, he got me the best out there because he works in technology and knows things are always changing.  At times I might be overwhelmed with the beautiful quilting done by quilters on the Forum, many who have less bells and whistles, but an abundance of skill.   Stitch regulator, Glide, fabric advance... and all the other wonderful features,  might make it easier for us newbies, but it's likely more practice and artistic skill (or training) that make the difference.  I so much appreciate seeing the beautiful quilts on the Forum, along with generous quilters who teach us freehand patterns!   I hope to have a few years of quilting left in me so, maybe if I find more time to practice, I can create one of those beautiful quilts someday too. 

i have an '06? green millennium and '05 liberty and even though there are always those machines with newer features, and that can be upgraded, i would not trade my machines! i love them both. 

i have everything in these machine that i want! i have the standard tables and did upgrade the wheels (mm on millie and edgeriders on liberty), but other than that...i can't imagine needing anything else. my machines move great and sew terrific! 

thanks apqs for fantastic products and always listening to your customers! 

3 weeks after I got my new Milli they came out with a new model and I remember I was pretty disappointed.  The lighting was the biggest upgrade and quilt glide.  I'd love to have both and maybe one day I'll be able to upgrade but my Milli works well for me so I'm fine with it.  I guess it is no different than a car but yes it would be nice to know what is coming out with the nexts years model!  Hard to believe the machine could get better!  LOL  My wish lists include glide, bliss and lights for sure but the low bobbin sensor would be sweet!

I am grateful then, that 3 weeks ago when I was ready to finalize payment on the 2012 Millie I bought, I was told the 2013's were going to be available and ready to roll off the assembly line within a month if I wanted to upgrade and wait for it. I have never owned a long arm before so I didn't really understand what the differences meant, so I hesitated a little. But then, it really wasn't that much more money and since this isn't a purchase I would make again in a very long time, if ever, I should go ahead and get the latest improvements. I have a feeling they don't have to have make many improvements and if they were making any at all, I should get the latest machine. I was just notified the factory is shipping the new machines this week and I should have mine next week.

Lyn--you made me laugh with your "low bobbin sensor"! My sensor is when I notice I'm stitching invisibly! At least the needle holes guide me when I start again!

I have a low bobin sensor on my old machine.

It is called that rattle the bobbin gets as it starts to wriggle more in the bobbin case!

in!

As soon as I saw the announcement email in my inbox this morning, I called and talked with Mark....I think!! I'm so forgetful. Anyway, he said no to the upgrade on the bobbin sensor and other goodies. Oh well, I still love my new girl. The lifetime warranty doesn't really bother me. I figure in eight years it will probably be time to upgrade anyway. It just means we have an incredible company willing to stand behind our machines. 

Marsha,

What troubles are you having with your machine that are preventing you from enjoying it to its fullest? If we've missed something in communicating with you for service, please let me know so we can fix it and make you happy. :)

Dawn, Thank you for your concern.  It is hard for me to distinguish between green and blue so sometimes I hit the wrong button and have to refer to the switch chart on the machine alot. I know it will come with practice but after quilting about 8 quilts I should be closer to memorizing the button placement.  Don't get me wrong, I love APQS and my Millie. You have been exceptional at answering questions and solving problems. The thread cutter works every time now that we changed the washers. I just haven't hit the right combo for thread and bobbin tension and that may be breaking thread.....or quilt sandwich too tight, loose, going too fast, etc.  I was working on a quilt Saturday and the thread would always break when I reached about 1/2 way across the quilt.  This happened if I was doing a panto or freehand. We lost electricity all day yesterday because of the snow storm but have it now so I am going to tackle my quilt again before the next round of storms.  Thank you again and you know I will call if I can't get this going smoother ( at one point I thought " could this machine be a lemon?")  then I laughted at my delirium, took a break, had chocolate and a Pepsi and life is good.

I would be lost without your help , Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I was so impressed with the new generation Milli, I went to the road show in Hampton,VA. I so wish I had the money to upgrade my machine. I work for the govt so Weare facing furloughs. I wish I had the energy to advertise my quilting business. But I am afraid it will take me away from my own quilt making. If I do it as a business, it will not be fun anymore. What a dilemma I have before me.

Archived