Say some prayers for me, please....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandra, Know I'm praying for you, and praying the hand quilting is just what you need after the

surgery.  The surgery with the robot, is much easier and quicker than the total abdomenal

opening.

Hugs and more hugs.. from the crab  :(   ;)  :)  :)

Rita

Thank you all for the continued prayers!!!

I went last Friday for the chest x-ray and in about 30 minutes I am heading back to the hospital for the CT scan.  I just finished drinking the barium.  Yuck!  But, better than the stuff I had to drink before a colonoscopy a few years ago.  :)

My pre-op appointment in now scheduled for 3/26 and my surgery has been moved from 4/1 to 3/29.  (As in moved from April Fool's Day to Good Friday.) 

Did I tell you my Gyn's name?  It is Dr. Paul Newman.  My oncologist/surgeon is Dr. "James (Jimmy) Stuart" Ferris. I wonder who else I will meet?

Time to leave for the CT scan.

As for the hand quilting, I am really enjoying it.  I have my first table runner about 3/4 or more complete.  Since I planned to have hand quilting to do after the surgery, I have another, larger, table runner all set to begin.  I also pulled out a piece of redwork that I started at the hotel several years ago when I was at MQX.  As soon as I got home, I put it away and forgot about it until now.  I suppose I will finish that, too. 

Since I am no doing customer quilts just now (hopefully, when this is behind me, I will start again), I finished 2 of my own quilts.  One was just a Thinmleberries scrap quilt for a twin bed (still needs the binding - maybe I will make that tonight), and the other is the 2007 Thimbleberries Club quilt!  The piecing was all finished to show at the last night of club, but I didn't quilt it until last week.  It is alll hand bound and waiting for the label to be sewn on.  Of course, I still have loads of UFO's and many quilt kits that are in bins, and more bins stacked on top, etc.  Too many to count and admit to having.  LOL

I pray that God will give you and your family the peace that passes all understanding as you await your surgery, that you will sense His presence in your life like never before. I pray that your surgery goes smooth and your recovery swift. I pray the cancer is contained, that it will never be part of your life again, and that God will richly bless the rest of your life, in Jesus name. Amen

Sandra, I am also keeping you in my prayers and am hoping for a complete recovery.  My sister in law is going through treatment right now for cervical cancer and she is doing great.  She has such a positive outlook and I think that is a big part of doing good.  I think your hand quilting is awesome to keep you busy.  Good luck with the surgery and I will continue to lift you up in prayer.

Sandra, the Lord is blessing you with the hand quilting.. and the surgery date moved closer.  He is holding you close to give you comfort, and something to take your mind off of all that is going on..

I did have Surg on April Fools day, and kept waiting for the joking.. and it began before the oblivian of anesthetic..

As for UFO's,., I made a list of 26 and three of them have more than one in the one post, such as finish binding on 5 kids quilts.. add label on same 5, another is add binding to 4 kids quilts..

It makes me almost depressed that I have no picts of the many pieced quilts and QoV,

All but 2 of these ufo's are all printed blocks or panels.. sad.. I need more piecing time.

Now that I have the quilt machine computer hooked up, I should have more time for

piecing, as I'll be right beside the quilter, checking the progress.

I also need to machine embroider about 50 labels, which will give me probably 20 or so when all these are finished.

I may make more than 50  if I have more than I think, that need labels.

Quite a job to finish..

Sandra, prayers contionue of course, and I hope you and everyone can get some of our UFO's finished..

Hugs and luvs,

God Bless,

Rita...thanks for all the kind words and prayers.  I was wondering how I would feel going into surgery on April Fool's Day.  It seemed rather ironic to me and I had to laugh to myself when I was first told that date by the oncologist.  But, I think I like Good Friday better to have my surgery.  At least it is a few days earlier than originally planned.

You do have a lot of projects to keep you busy!  I know you do lots of QOV which is a wonderful thing!  It is too bad that you don't have all the pictures of them.  But, just feel good that you made so many and the comfort those quilts are bringing to our wounded service men and women.

I didn't know your machine is now computerized.  Terrific!  Being retired, people often think we have hours upon hours of boredom with absolutely nothing to do.  How wrong they are!!!  Quilters are addicted to our hobbies and/or quilting professions.  We always have too many projects going all at the same time and never have enough hours in the day to get it all done.  But, I think that is a good thing.  I don't like to sit around and twiddle my thimbs.

Sandra,

I like your plan, you sounded just like me when they remove the left lobe of my thyroid gland, made me thank God for His gift each day, not cancer. All will be well with you, great outlook, lots of prayers from fellow believers, you are indeed in good company here. You are loved.

Hi Sandy,

So glad to read you are keeping upbeat about this.

I think a positive attitude goes a very long way.

I've been praying and will continue.

Big hug for you!

Meg

PS...why not close your eyes and pretend Dr Paul Newman is as handsome and blue eyed as the original?

These are certainly positive thoughts and can only help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Friends,

I received a call from the hospital this afternoon and my surgery has been confirmed for tomorrow (3/29/13) at 7:30 AM.  I report to the hospital at 6:00, go through admissions, then surgery at 7:30.  If all goes according to the plan, the surgery will take about 3 hours, then another 2 to 3 in a recovery room, then to my room for a one night stay.  So, if I'm up to it, I will be discharged on Saturday. 

Please say more prayers for me.  Hugs to all of you for your continued support through this frightening time.  I'll give you another update when I get home for the hospital.

Sandy

Archived