Say some prayers for me, please....

I have been going through some issues that started on Valentine's Day.  I went to my gynocologist last week; he took some cell samples for the lab and then I received a call last Thursday and he told me that I have uterine cancer. 

I have an appointment with an oncologist on March 11th at 4:30 for a consultation.  Most likely he will schedule me for a hysterectomy.  After the surgery I will know if the cancer is contained or if it has spread.  Depending on that outcome, I will know if the surgery took care of all the cancer, or if I need radiation and/or chemo.

It is so hard to wait and wonder what is to happen.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Thank you

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I so hate reading about your healthcare issues.  I'm a person who does not wait well, so I have great sympathy not only for your health issues but the challenges of having to go through each step to get all of the information that you need.  You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynn

It sounds like you caught it early and in that case it is very curable.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Hysterectomies are not a walk in the park, but of all the surgeries I have ever had (not that many)...it was my easiest so I will keep my fingers crossed that this will be the same for you too.  Please keep us posted as to what the doctor says.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words.  I am so appreciative!

I tried to "Like" each post, but I was only able to "like" 11 of them before I reached my daily limit.  Linda, you were #12, so please know I "like" your message, too.

Please keep the prayers coming.  I really need to get through this and be healthy again.  I have too much fabric to piece into quilts yet.  :) 

Thanks, Charlotte.

Oma, thanks for the hope!  You are also going through a rough time; I recently read your update. 

I will keep everyone updated on my situation.  I feel so close to so many of you on this forum, not only the ones I have met and spent time with, but all the folks who post here are so warm and caring.  I feel like I know not only you, but your families, too.  We certainly share a lot of ourselves with each other. 

Sandra {{Hugs}} and prayers for you. I know it's so hard waiting for answers. I had my hysterectomy & a dose of radiation 14 years ago for the same reason.  I felt good actually great soon afterwards, but when I tried to do much I tired quickly, this pasted in a few months just in time to go back to work.

Keep good thoughts flowing.

Terry

Archived