Say some prayers for me, please....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandra, I'm sorry this is happening to you. I know what your going through. When I was diagnosed last year I was in a kind of "deer in the headlights" kind of shock. I had a hard time doing everything. The one thing I could do was piece a quilt. It was like therapy. I know it is hard concentrating  right now, but maybe there is something you love to do that can help you get through. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

I am overwhelmed with all of your prayers and messages! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

In response to a suggestion above about doing something I love to do to help me through this time, well, I decided a few days ago to learn to hand quilt. Even though I love Longarm quilting, I love the look of hand quilting, too. My Grandmother was a wonderful hand quilter and inspired me to want to quilt. So, I dug out a few table runners that I previously pieced and tucked away till " later." I signed up for a hand quilting class on Craftsy.com and enjoyed watching the class. I am currently hand quilting my first runner with 3 Dresden Plates in a row, narrow sashing between the plates and a narrow border. It is mostly Thimbleberries fabric leftover from previous projects. I am becoming obsessed with this project. LOL. I don't have a quilting hoop or frame, so I hand basted the runner and am just working on it in my lap. My stitches are too large and uneven, but like LongArm quilting, PPP will improve my stitching. I am now in the process of basting another runner called Geese In the Valley, a class I took a year ago from Susan Shively. It is her pattern. At the rate I am quilting, I might have the first runner finished before my surgery, so I am getting the second project ready so I have something to while I am resting after the surgery.

I am still unable to "like" any posts today, but please know I truly like them all.

Sandra, I am joining your prayer warrior team. I am so sorry to know that you have to go through this. I am also very excited to read about your new adventure with hand quilting.  I am praying for healing, wisdom for the physicians and strength and peace for you. 

Archived