Say some prayers for me, please....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandra, you are in my prayers.  My daughter went through this last November. She was almost 40 and her periods had become a little heavier than usual.The doctor did a uterine biopsy, not expecting to find anything unusual. She had a total hysterectomy removing ovaries and tubes and checking lymph nodes a few weeks later.  Today she is doing great, without any signs of any cancer. Back to working fulltime and will finish her Masters Degree in May.

This waiting period, not knowing and not being able to do anything about it, has to be the worst of all. Please try to be at peace knowing that  so many people are holding you up in prayer and that God will carry you through this each step of the way.

I had a complete hysterectomy in 2007 for endometrial cancer.  I also went through 21 radiation treatments.  Positivity is the key to survival my dear.  Keep a smile on your face and let everyone know around you you are not suffering with cancer, you are surviving it.  I found great solace in my crafts during that time as I am sure you will too!  PS: if you end up having to go through radiation, eat cinnamon everyday! It helps with the nausea and nastiness and before your surgery, start taking zinc and vitamin c....the zinc heals your body faster and the vitamin c will help guard against complications in surgery.

:D My thought are with you girl!

Sandra I'm praying for you!  I'm sorry you have to go through this but you are a strong woman with a mission in life.  You can do this.  I have to say I had a hysterectomy, complete ovaries and all, and it was one of my easiest surgeries.  The hardest thing I dealt with was the sudden onset of menopause but my lung stopped collapsing :-).  Let me know if I can do anything at all for you.

My prayers are going out for you to give you strength and a calm spirit as you wait.  Waiting is awful and believe it or not some doctors get it.  My breast doctor calls you at home himself as soon as the results hit his computer.  He has called me on Sat. and Sundays, now that is a doctor to love!  Hope your relationship is just as positive with your surgeon.

Sandra,  My sister has uterine cancer.  She was diagnosed  8 years ago.  She has had chem & radiation.  She owns her own company and works everyday.  She is more tired than she used to be.  She  recently fell and broke her arm--chasing a cow that got out.  She is 77 years old.  She doesn't have a farm, but has several acres and puts cows on it.  Her legs are swollen, so she doesn't wear skirts or heels any longer.  She still gets mild chemo treatments but they don't cause her any major porblems.  I hope this helps you.   Hang in there and best wishes to you.  Jan   

Try lemon, if you have to have chemo. Put it in your water or eat a real lemon drop before a meal. Takes that metalic taste out of your mouth so you can enjoy the real taste of the food. I got so I loved lemonade. Hang in there and keep thinking positive :)

Thanks for the prayers!!!!!

I went to meet the surgeon late this afternoon.  He said I am a candidate for the robotic laprascopic surgery - good news.  I next need to go for a CT scan and a chest x-ray.  The nurse from the hospital is to call me tomorrow to let me know when they are scheduled.

Tentitively, my surgery is scheduled for April 1st.  That seems to be the first date the surgeon and the robot are available at the same time.  During the surgery/hysterectomy he will send slices to pathology and see how far the cancer has spread.    He will remove "everything" except the lymph nodes, but will take them too,  if deemed a necessary.

So....again, please keep me in your prayers for a while longer.  I'll let you know how this progresses.

Archived