Say some prayers for me, please....

Keep up the good work.  I had a hard time with the stair limit too!  LOL  Just listen to your body and don't push it.  I think the hardest part about this kind of surgery is that you can't see most of the incisions and work that has been done.  I felt really good really quick and had to remind myself that healing was still going on in the inside.  Keeping you in my prayers.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto what Heidi says. After my surgery years ago I did too much too and had to be reminded to slow down! Yep can't see all that work the doc did makes you think you are all okay!  Gets lots of rest and catch up on reading those quilts books and watching The Quilt Show. I never to seen to have time to watch it! LOL Got you in my prayers!!! Oh and thanks for looking st the Shell Quilt. Hope it brought a smile to you!

Today was a good day. I feel better and stronger each day and limited my stair climbing to keep within the limits the nurse warned me about. :)

I spent a bit of time hand quilting a table runner, but there is a loooong way to go on it. But right now I haven't much else to do but read and watch DVD's, so I am enjoying the stitching. Oh, and being on line with my friends. I'm so happy to have all of you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I went to see the surgeon/oncologist for my first follow-up appointment.  My outer incisions are healing nicely.  He won't check the internal incisions until my next appointment in 4 weeks.

Now the pathology report.  The cancer spread through the entire muscle of my uterus, not just a small spot he initially saw during the surgery.  But, because he saw the spot, he removed the lymph nodes.  The cancer was more advanced than the frozen sections indicated, BUT, the cancer had not spread to the lymph nodes.  I will be scheduled for a consultation with a doctor in the radiology department in about 2 weeks.  Then we will plan for a series of radiation treatments.  They won't begin for about 4 weeks, after my next visit with the surgeon and he says I have healed enough to begin the treatment.  If that goes as tentatively planned, the treatment will be done vaginally.  I won't have more details until I see the radiologist. 

I was hoping to get off scott free with just the surgery, but I think getting the radiation treatments are better than chemo or both.

Have any of you had radiation treatments delivered vaginally?  Just curious what I should expect.

Thank you all for so many prayers.  I know they helped, as this could have been much worse.  Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers; this is going to continue for a while longer.

Hugs,

Sandy

Sandra, so glad to hear they found no cancer in your lymph glands.  I had radiation in a different place.  I found it to be worse than they told me it would be, although afterwards, they told me that "some" people have the same problems I did.  What I can tell you is the time went by fast and I was on the other side of everything before I knew it.  I had the most compassionate people working with me.  You will get through this and have your life back on track very soon.  Keep your spirits up.   

Sandy,

My cousin had very aggressive uterine cancer 2 years ago.  She had massive radiation which cracked her tail bone.  The sad news is that we found out yesterday the cancer is back .  She has gone through heck with the tail bone.  I sure wish they could fine a cure.

Prayers for both of you.

Mountain Quilter

Diana

Thanks so much for your continued prayers and support. My appointment for the Radiology consultation is scheduled for April 29th, so I'll find out lots more then.

I think my "project" for today (aside from scheduling some medical appointments) will be to shop for an iPhone 5. I've had three Blackberries over the last 6 years or so, and I've decided it's time for an iPhone. Who gets excited over purchasing a new phone? I think I am. LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here much recently, but wanted to tell you my updates.

I met with my radiologist for a consultation, then last Wednesday went for the simulation. Thursday coming up will be my first radiation treatment. I should have three consecutive weeks of high dose, vaginal radiation. Then back to the surgeon to discuss chemotherapy. The surgeon told be before that I would not need chemo, so this new news from last week hit me hard. If I have the chemo, it probably won' start till late summer or fall.

Please continue to pray for me.

Hugs,

Sandra

Archived