What is your favorite "man tool"?

I have my own tool bag that contains screwdrivers in various sizes and points.  It has a couple size adjustable wrenches.  I am looking for a small set of hex wrenches.  Needle nose and regular pliers are a must, and a sturdy tape measure, plus a set of precision screw drivers and a untility knife.  I add stuff as I need it so I don't have to use grubby, greasy, dirty tools on Millie or in her room.  And, DH is NOT allowed to borrow them.....ever.

Leaf/lawn blower to blow the batting fuzzies out of the garage after each quilting session. 

My three-tier rolling cart I got from Harbor Freight. It holds the my frequently used templates, rulers, bobbins, bobbin winder, magnet bars, pencils, oil. If it's used all the time, it's in my rolling cart for easy access.

And I love my (his) air compressor. 

The air compressor now lives outside my studio rather than in the shed.

Set of Allen Keys bought for the studio,

Gaffa tape and double sided tape for changing the leaders but Les borrows them, and knows where to return them.

Sheet of very fine wet and dry sandpaper, for buffing burrs, sharpening pins, or holding fabric while you trace an applique shape.

Double sided velcro tape.

I can find something in the hardware store on each visit that needs to come and live with the sewing things.

My wife has three chainsaws, two of which I bought and the third our son bought for her birthday.  The one thing she likes is that I can fix her saw when it goes coocoo, you know, sharpening, chain comes off or won't start.  Yep, thats me, I can get it done.  There other things I do for her, but we won't get into that.  Regards, zeke........

Mom got an electric chainsaw for Christmas from Dad one year so that she could always start her saw up without him.  (ahem).  Sorry about the double entendre.  Then when her own chainsaw got stuck in a tree, she had to buy another electric to get it out.

Back to the original topic however.  I just came out of husband's shop after returning his needle nose pliers.  I have yet to need them for my girl, but I did just need them to get a wire out of my bike tire.  It's really embarrassing to fall off your bike in your own driveway because you have a flat tire.  Road rash and everything!

Allen wrenches, for the life of me I keep misplacing mine. We also have a standing joke about pliers and hammers-  I'm pretty sure his keep ending up in the roost, and he's pretty sure I'm right.  But then I find my pink fingernail polished hammer in his tool box and he says it's only fair!  :)

Oh, Meg - I have been lmbo at your response!

My DH brought home a LED flashlight on a key chain for me. The bright light helps show loose threads on the quilt top. I also use the light to reflect on to a mirror when checking the backside of the quilt and to scan a quilt one last time before removing it from the leaders.

Leslie

The one thing I love the most is a magnetic wristband made to hold nails that I picked up at the local hardware store.  I use it for holding pins when I'm loading a quilt.  I have the magnetic bowls also, but like the wristband for loading & unloading quilts.