Whitework Wholecloth by Karen Mctavish

I am not willing to part with mine, but if you are thinking this book will teach you how to do a wholecloth quilt, it might be a disappointment.  There are a lot of pictures and some designs in it. Secrets of Elemental Quilting is actually more instructional than this one, in my opinion.  I got Whitework Quilting off Amazon a year or so ago.  The books show up there periodically.  I just set up a "notify me when things are added to this search criteria" and eventually, one came available.  Of course, if somebody on the forum has one to sell you, that's the more perfect solution!

I agree with Lynn. I have both books and while her first book is full of information and gorgeous quilts, the Secrets books has more instruction.

Sorry--not willing to part with either. The Whitework book was a gift with my Milli and I managed to have Karen sign them both at a class. Definitely keepers.

Haunt Amazon as Lynn suggested to watch for used ones.

I agree with the others....  Secrets of Elemental Quilting  by Karen Mc T. is really good, with lots of design ideas.  And, many of her books come with a DVD.  It's like taking one of her classes, except you can watch it over and over.  I bought several of her books and DVD's from amazon.com and Karen's website.

irene

Archived