Village Quilt Finished

This one is going home to it's owner tomorrow...it was a pretty big quilt, almost 100 inches on it's longest side.  This is my very first really detailed custom quilt...this was the one for the customer I was so nervous about!  I really respect her and think she's good at what she does.  I hope she likes it!  I think even the back looks neat...

post-10627-0-03106200-1362105650_thumb.jpg

post-10627-0-86044700-1362105656_thumb.jpg

post-10627-0-05059600-1362105662_thumb.jpg

post-10627-0-58190700-1362106364_thumb.jpg

Thank you both!!  It's soo big I wish I could get better pictures...but my house is too small!  Nowhere to lay it out other than on the frame...even then you can't see the whole thing with out practically throwing it on the floor lol*

Thank you Judith, that means a lot.  There were a few things I wish I had known to do better.  But she is coming from a place where she's just mastered stippling her own quilts...so from that perspective I think she'll be pleased with what I did.  

Linda I am getting there!  You all here are the best support a girl could ask for.  I have asked questions like CRAZY I know, but I couldn't do this without all of you!!!

I will for sure tell you what she says!  **fingers crossed**

Thank you guys!!

Marci - thank you!!!  I am having fun!  :)  No, I didn't use the foot yet - I'm ordering a stitch in the ditch ruler (I tried to rig one up and it just didn't work lol*) to use with it.  I will post pictures though as soon as I use it to show you!  This one took me forever to quilt too so I haven't been able to play!!

Aww thank you all!!  The real test will be to see what she says.  **fingers crossed**  Taking it to the post office now...I'm going to be on pins and needles until she opens it.  There are a couple things I wish I had done better...like that star in the roof of the courthouse is a bit wonky and there's some echoing that I didn't really stop in an inconspicuous spot.  Eeep.  BUT, she did say she wanted to keep it prim, so that's why I didn't rip it ... did tons of echoing and she said she liked loops and stars and also stippling.  I did do a few detail things that I've never done before...but ooh, I think they were effective, those I will definitely be doing more of!!!  :)

Shes gonna love it, but I know what you mean, I worry that my customer won't like it right up until the minute she reacts to it..  the best reaction I have had to date was this week actually - a big hug and a kiss and a big thank you for beautiful work....  I'm sure you'll get the same for your lovely work.

Awww thank you guys so much!!!  It is supposed to arrive on Friday and I'm on pins and needles!!!  Your words make me feel so much more confident that she will be happy though, I cannot even tell you  how much it means.  :)

WISHBONES!!  Thanks Dawn!  Ahh, I didn't know what that was called!!  :)  I am always trying to emulate the amazing designs you all do here and I don't know what they are called most of the time!  LOL*

Archived