How do YOU organize........

I think I just need to get rid of a LOT of them! :( I always have good intentions when I buy them, and then............something else comes along that grabs my interest, and I'm just SURE I'm going to make something out of THAT one! And so it goes............ :rolleyes: I think I'm not alone here. :P

any new books or mags that I aquire I read over 3-4 times while in the living room or at work then I take them downstairs to my sewing room in a spesific order to put into my "library"  then in bout a week or so I put them on a shelf till I can get to put them where they go....Then in a few months I start at the bottom of pile and its like having new ones all over again!!  LOL

We are so funny.   I move mind around too. I love to find them and think they are new and I have never seen it before :P !!!!

The magazines, I do put them in those box like things and they are noted which magazine and the dates.  

I have mine grouped by subject such as patchwork, bargello, log cabin, long-arming, etc.  Yes, I have too many books and have doubled up on a couple of them.  But the majority of the time I buy them with a 50% off Joann's coupon or some other sale.

Hmmm. . . sounds like I'm trying to justify my library.  :D   Maybe if one has to organize them we have too many??!!!  No such thing!!! 

I love everyone's comments!!  Good topic!

Mine stand up nice and straight in a cabinet in the living room.  Then I close the door and when I look for something I have to take out every stinkin book and search for what I need.  I don't know my ABCs well enough to actually put them into any order.  Usually, the newest titles are on the right.  :wacko:

You are ALL too funny! 

I used to organize mine by title. Put all my Thimbleberries together, all Quilter Magazine together, all Threads magazines together. BUT, then I got busy! No, not like that!! Now, I just stuff where ever they will fit..........um......sideways on top of the others that are on the shelf. Now I just have too many! Do I actually USE them. Hells no! I like to look at the pictures though!!

Well mine aren't really orgnaized but I do put those small sticky colored page markers as I go thru the magazine when I get it and mark the pages that catch my intrest for future projects. I just haven't figured out how to organize them to be able to go right to the one magazine I want. so I am looking for suggestions too.

You guys are just missing out on the BEST part of having books.  I buy them when I think I'll use them, or I'm interested in them.  I put them on my shelves.  No particular order.  Then, a year or two later, I think "Gee, I remember I bought a book about X.  Wonder where it is".  This causes me to look through all my books and, oh MY!  I have so much fun.  I have all these wonderful books about subjects that I can't even remember being interested in previously, but DANG, they sure look good today.  I'll be busy reading them for days on end.  Of course, after that they go back on the shelves, and then.....but you know the rest of the story:-)

I keep all of my "new" books together in one place or pile. Once  the pile gets too high I'll  file a few of them away so I have room for more :P  :P  :P  To sort I keep my favorite authors togather. The remainer are separated by "subject" , "technic" or "style" and then if the book still doesn't fit into any of those categories it goes into my "Misc" bookcase. I simply love quilting books.

Terry

Well, I think Ardelle was the most "help" with this. I'm LOL at the rest of you (us!) My labeller has been getting a real workout lately, so maybe that's what I'll do................but wait! By Title, by Author, or by Technique? And what about the ones with mixed techniques?? Oh rats! This is a vicious circle!

I've been watching too many youtube videos on organizing and now I'm getting a bit obsessed with it! Well, maybe not as obsessed as this gal! I did go out and buy matching binders today tho'. Just couldn't bring myself to buy one of each pretty color like she did. Then they wouldn't match my sewing room! ROFLOL!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:wacko:

https://www.youtube.com/user/HomeOrganizing?feature=g-user-u

I organize by topic first.  If I have a lot of books by a patcular author then I will put all of those books together.   Of course once I start looking for something I end up getting that dreaded 'side track' desease and it takes me all day to find that 'one' book.... :P

Archived