Recent Customer Quilt-hand embroidered

This is a customer quilt that I recently finished.  Her grandmother had hand-embroidered the blocks and then finished piecing the top but never finished it.  She asked to have it custom quilted and I had a wonderful time quilting it, even though there were "issues" with it.  Like I said to my husband, who knows how well I will be able to make my quilts as I get older so I will just do the best I can to make it beautiful in spite of some imperfections.  The blocks were stamped with the blue lines to show where to quilt around the cross stitched designs.  I used my 6" curved crosshatching ruler (Deloa's) to do the outlining and it worked so wonderful!  I used SoFine in the top and Bottomline in the bobbbin.  Dream Puff batting helped to accent the design.  The white that you will see around the outside edges is the batting.  I really enjoyed working on this quilt.  Thanks for looking.

8532133913_93e0684c2a_z.jpg
100_2216.jpg by fluffy_mar, on Flickr

I hope the pictures show up............this is my first time trying to post pictures on the new forum......

Marilyn,

You did a lovely job of quilting.  I ditto Liam's comment on alternating the quilting in the blocks.  I like the idea of using Deloa's rulers to help with the outlining.

You've given the customer a way to keep her grandmother with her always.  Isn't that a great feeling?

Lynn

Archived