What are "Warning Points"?

You may have discovered a tiny line below your Avatar that says "0 Warning Points" and wondered what you did (or didn't do) to have zero warning points!

Don't worry, unless you jump off the deep end and start posting vulgar, offensive, or threatening remarks on the Forum, your number will stay at "zero".

APQS uses forum hosting software that many, many different social groups use. Those groups range from car buffs to teenage gamers to antique lovers (and quilters!) Some social groups require a little more "moderating" (think teenagers playing "World of Warcraft") so the software automatically includes a warning system for members. Moderators can alert members when they are out of line with a post. Some forums require members to agree to a Code of Conduct when joining, and the warning system helps keep everyone civil.

No one else can see the warning point notification under your Avatar except you (and the forum moderators). If you ever DO see an actual warning under your name, feel free to contact me or another APQS employee regarding the reason for the warning. However, we don't anticipate any quilters will ever need one.

Thanks for keeping the APQS forum a safe, nurturing place for quilters of all skill levels, all backgrounds, and all walks of life!

• 9 months later...

Thank you for all the answers, I guess I have never noticed it since I post so rarely! I am on this form atleast once per day, I would not miss checking things but I usually stay "out of the loop." I have to say this is like attending a class, I pick up "nuggets" of advice and inspiration daily. Even though I don't post I would not miss reading this forum. This is a community of caring and talented people!

Thanks,

Lori

Archived