Help! Mad at self, oops - Got it out

I was using a green dry erase pen to try different ideas for a customers quilt.  and yes I did the stupid thing of going off the edge of the plastic and onto the quilt top (of course on the white background).  I've never done this before and I'm not really sure how to get it out.  Brand new customer.  Feeling stupid.  TIA

Update:  It came out with Oxiclean Laundry stain remover.  Had to treat it twice.  Bottle says to leave it on for 10 minutes.  I accidently left if for an hour the first time.  It mostly came out then.  The second time I left it for about 15 minutes.  I can't see the mark anymore.  It is drying and I hope it is gone once it is dry.  I am going to go put tape around every bit of edge on the mylar I was using.  It had tape spaced about every foot.  Lesson learned.  thank you for all the suggestions, lucky me I got it out with something I have here at the house already.

I've used rubbing alcohol and  also nail polish remover. It will take over night for the stain to disappear. I have never had it to completely go away but have slight shadow. Yep, done it more than once. Good luck.

PS I even have tape on my plexiglass!!!!

Try alcohol on a marked scrap. Then my recommendation would be Grandma's Secret Spot Remover. With some work I got a large black gel pen mistake out of vintage white fabric. Good luck!

I, too, have had good luck with Grandma's Secret Spot Remover.  I did the same thing with a black marker !!!    Always has to land on the lightest fabric, too, right ????    

I would use the Sew Clean, alcohol, hairspray and a toothbrush.  I have used all three to remove ink or magic marker from quilts.  Each of them worked, some better than others.  The Sew Clean is an awesome product!   And, I would try the other suggestions, also.  

Love all the suggestions. :)  I tried sew clean last night with no luck.  Just got home from work and am so glad there a more ideas here!  Thank you.  DH has goof off,  I'll try that after the oxyclean I just started to attempt.  Hate to call customer but may do so as it's a mistake I made but it is right in a piece that is next  to the border.  I hope she will be fine if I offer to fix it that way.  Oh boy.  Should have put the tape on the whole edge and not just a few places.

I have never tried this but found it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Motsenbockers-Lift-Off-Erase-Board/dp/B0013C9UNM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362689748&sr=8-1&keywords=dry+erase+remover it says that it can be used on fabric.  If all else fails it might be worth a try!

I tired this too but found the alcohol and nail polish  (not together)  to work the best but it took OVER NIGHT! Hate the wait!!!!!

The Oxyclean has turned it into just a faint line.  I accidently left the Oxyclean on for over an hour.  If it were mine I'd leave it be and let the rest come out in the laundry but it's not mine so am treating it again and hoping that it takes out the remaining.  Hopefully I can start quilting it tomorrow.  It's semi-custom and now that I have a design in my head I want to get to it. 

Connie,

Thanks for asking this question!  I did the same thing about a month ago and was too embarrassed to ask for help.  

Tried alcohol and a Q-tip.  It helped but there is still permanent blue white board marker on white fabric.  It's still hanging over my Millie while I try to get some matching fabric to replace the piece with the marker.  I'll try Oxyclean and maybe I can get back to quilting.  Fortunately it was for granddaughter and not a customer, but her birthday was almost a month ago and I had to come up with another gift.   Still learning...

Glad it worked for you, Connie!  I had a quilt block written on (on purpose!) with Pigma Micron permanent pens.  I decided I wanted to remove the writing and nothing worked!  I tried Grandma's Stain Remover, Oxiclean, peroxide, Tide stick, etc.  Finally I gave up.  Found in laying in my studio a couple of days ago and a lightbulb went on....tried Synthrapol and it came right out!  No trace at all!  Fixed the block and reinserted it into the quilt and all is good!!

Archived