seaming back

Haverkamp

Hi everyone

I have a question on charging for seaming the backing?

Seems like a lot of people just bring you the fabric and expect you to cut, seam and press the backing. I have been charging $15.00 a seam. Is that too much?

I feel like if I charge that much then maybe the next time they will have the backing ready. I don't mine doing it but I'm not going to do it for nothing, and it takes time away from doing the quilting. Please give me you opinion.

Thanks

Patty

I wouldn't do it for nothing...that half-hour or so could be spent quilting and getting paid for it! I think you've got the right idea. I charge a certain fee for binding...I don't want to do it, but if they'll pay my price, then ok!

I have never had anyone come around and expect me to prepare their backing though...maybe I'd better figure out a price just in case.

Patty,

I've been charging $10.00 per seam for about 6 years now. Personally I would rather do it than have them do it....more times than not if I let them do it, it comes in short or not square so its just easier for me to do it....way less stress for me.

Archived