I have made a decision

After reading all of the posts and much soul searching I have made a decision about selling everything. I need the basement emptied so it can be remodeled. I have decided to move everything upstairs without organizing it.  I believe it was just overwhelming to try and think about everything there is to do.  My daughter and sister in law are going to help me move all of the fabric and stuff. Dave Jones will be here next Wednesday to move the machine upstairs for me. He will set her up and give her a spa treatment. When I decide what to do she will either be ready to sell or use.

I will use the main floor for now. It is plenty big enough for me. My daughter and sister moved all of Elmer's clothes out of our closet and into totes so I could store fabric in there.  I went up to move my clothes out and saw his side empty. It was like a knife in my stomach.  I left and have not been able to go back in there yet. I am going to make throws out of his clothes when I am able. 

I know it is too soon to make big decisions but it seems like some must be made.  My house is 4200 square feet with 3 floors. I have almost 4 acres of grass to take care of. It is entirely too much for me to handle alone. I need to get the basement finished so my son and his family can move in. They are anxious to leave their small apartment and I am anxious for them to be here. It will be set up so it will be an entirely separate living area with it's own entrance.

I feel less overwhelmed since I decided it could be moved without organizing it. I will deal make my decision when I am ready. Thank everyone so much. I believe you told me what I knew in my heart. It is just too soon to decide. It just seemed like it may be easier to sell it all than deal with it. I have found that dealing with anything much more difficult than getting dressed is more than I want to do.

All the kids and grandchildren were here tonight for "movie" night. They all came in their pj's. They are wonderful children.

still have you in my prayers and think you are making good choices!!!!! Having your family close will  be a great blessing. I think you are doing great!  Here another cyber Florida hug!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Cheri))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You are blessed to have your family nearby.  I'm sure that after the basement is redone for your son and his family, and you have a little more space between you and this incredibly tragic event, you'll be able to take the next step. Thinking healing and strengthening thoughts in your direction.

Cheri,  It's kind of like moving into a new house where all the furniture doesn't fit exactly the way it did in your previous house.  Sometimes I just have to leave the boxes packed for awhile until I can figure out where to put everything.  Moving the fabric and your longarm upstairs is kinda the same thing.  After a while you'll decide where to put everything.  You don't have to do it all today.  (If you know what I mean).  You're making great decisions and it's wonderful that your son and his family will be able to share in the day to day responsibilities of homeowner upkeep.  I'm keeping you in my prayers.  Hugs from Florida.  

Cheri,

You are a fantastic quilter! That's First and Foremost.., however, all things considered, you are doing the right thing by taking baby steps to get thru

this difficult adjustment time.

Because I know, (we all know) how good you are at quilting, i'm hoping you take "enough time" to hopefully see, that quilting is a part of you, and a talent that i'm sure Elmer would love to see you continue.

Know that whatever your decisions you make, you have all of us here, standing behind you, holding and backing you UP!

Quilted Hugs,

I didn't realize your family would be moving in with you in that basement area.  That is a great plan.  You will have the help you need, less to take care of and plenty of company when you want it.  As for the quilting......you may decide to have that business after all.  It might be just the thing to get you up and moving early every morning.  I think of you all the time and know you are hurting.  I wish there was some way to comfort you from a distance.  Just know we are here and we care very much about your pain.  Just know that he entered Heaven having been well loved here on earth.  Blessings.

Cheri, I am soooo proud of you!  You have a great plan in place, moving the "quilty" things upstairs to sort through later, your son and family joining you.  How wonderful to have Dave Jones move your machine for you.  No one better than Dave to get that all accomplished for you, he's such a great person.  

Wish I could give you a hug in person, but know that I am thinking of you and praying for you every day.  ((((((((Hugs))))))))   :wub:

You absolutely made the right decision for now. How wonderful that out of this unthinkable tragedy, some good will come in that your son and his family will be able to be with you.  Baby steps and just breathing every day are enough for now.  Still praying for you.

I'm glad you've at least made the temporary decision to hold on to your quilting life.  Getting dressed IS terribly difficult so soon after what happened to Elmer, so selling a shared hobby and business would be understandably overwhelming to decide.  You are so blessed to have your family so close and to be so ((close)) - glad you are able to take advantage of their willing and helping presence.  A movie night arriving in pajamas - priceless! :wub: !  What a beautiful family you have!

Archived