13 Lucky Stars

Hi friends,

This is the first quilt I shared with my guild....it is for a special young colleague and friend who is going through chemo for a type of Hodgkin's lymphoma...it is so upsetting....she is an amazing teacher...

last year one of our students was struggling with his mother's battle with breast cancer...he is an only child and there is no knowledge of or contact with the dad...3 of us took him under our wing during this difficult time...In January of last year we were at his side the night mom died...that night he stayed with us...

He has become our special interest student and in our endeavour to "parent" we have bonded too...needless to say our student is extremely fearful and anxious about her cancer...we are praying that God will heal her...

I wanted to make my friend a quilt to help her during these difficult days...as soon as I saw this pattern, I knew it was meant for her...I added some inspirational quotes about stars all around the quilt...I quilted it on Lucey... I am still learning but I am happy with how it turned out..the back turned out pretty cool too, accidental of course ....pattern is Fons and Porter...called Uneven Stars....I named mine 13 lucky Stars...because in Italian, 13 is a lucky number....

post-6000-0-98570900-1363830753_thumb.jpg

post-6000-0-68108600-1363830809_thumb.jpg

post-6000-0-93423300-1363830862_thumb.jpg

post-6000-0-67439500-1363830902_thumb.jpg

Tella,

It is a gorgeous quilt and your quilting doesn't look like a learner at all.  Your colleague will treasure the quilt.  I love the bright colors set on the white background.

Could you have your young protege wrap up in the quilt or say a prayer over it?  Then each time your colleague is wrapped in the quilt, she will get hugs from the protege and the quilt.

Lynn

Lynn, Love your thoughtfulness...a great idea...we will give it to her together...tella

Tella,

It is a gorgeous quilt and your quilting doesn't look like a learner at all.  Your colleague will treasure the quilt.  I love the bright colors set on the white background.

Could you have your young protege wrap up in the quilt or say a prayer over it?  Then each time your colleague is wrapped in the quilt, she will get hugs from the protege and the quilt.

Lynn

Tella she will feel your love around her as she goes through this journey.  One of my best friends daughter just went through chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma and her prognosis is very good.  I'll pray that your friend is cured too.  You are all such good people to take care of that little boy.  He will always remember your love and care.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived