New Machine Ordered

It was in 2001 (I think) when I bought my first used Ultimate I from APQS, then maybe in 2003 I got a Freedom without a stitch regular . . trying to stay within the budget, you know?  Then in 2004, after my quilt won at the AQS Expo in Nashville, I upgraded the Freedom to a Millennium.  I have loved my Millie every single day for almost 9 years but decided to get the new version.

The new one was ordered yesterday and I'm as excited as I was waiting for that very first machine to arrive back in 2001.

The only option I added was Bliss and I stuck with the Smart bobbin and I cannot wait for her to arrive!

Congrats, Judy, and good for you to stick by your budget. 

BTW, I love your book, "Nine-Patch Extravaganza."  Now, after reading your post (haven't seen you on here in a while), reminds me I should look through it again and see what I want to make.

If anyone is not familiar with Judy's book, you should check it out.  There are many beautiful quilts in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Libby, When I went to a road show they implied that the smart bobbin was still the best way to go if you planned to wind a lot of your own bobbins. If you use pre wounds then the larger bobbin would be a good choice. I don't know if that's really correct but that's what I was told.

Claire

Congrats, Judy, and good for you to stick by your budget. 

BTW, I love your book, "Nine-Patch Extravaganza."  Now, after reading your post (haven't seen you on here in a while), reminds me I should look through it again and see what I want to make.

If anyone is not familiar with Judy's book, you should check it out.  There are many beautiful quilts in it.

Thanks Sandra!

How are you feeling?

Don't forget there are two more since Nine Patch Extravaganza!   ;)

Lucky you!  Interesting to see that you stuck with the smart bobbin.  I wondered what quilters would do if they upgraded to a new machine.

I struggled with it a bit and initially placed the order with the larger bobbin but then called and changed back to the smaller.  I've had such good luck with it and don't mind changing the bobbin a bit more often.  The larger bobbins are fine, I'm sure, but I loved everything about my last Millie, especially the great tension no matter what thread or combination of threads I used, so I stuck with the Smart bobbin.

Congratulations.  Nice to have something so great to look forward too.  I look forward each and every day to use my machine.

Thanks Monika.  I am so looking forward to the new one arriving soon, I hope.  My credit card hasn't been charged yet so I'm guessing it hasn't been shipped. :(

My sewing room seems quite empty without a longarm in there.

Archived