Need cheering up send jokes!!

My beautiful Black and Chrome 1100 Tourer just left on the back of a trailer.

I knew i needed to sell it but .....I am broken hearted.

I had this bad habit of riding waaay to fast 80-90MPH and my reflexes just arent what they used to be. I have grand kids that need me.

Her plate is sitting here on my desk it says QUILT1. Darn i loved that bike! :(

post-1762-0-56513000-1363972221_thumb.jpg

post-1762-0-28090600-1363972270_thumb.jpg

So sorry! It's so hard to let go of the things we love, even when we know it's for the best. I feel this way about chocolate. And wine. *sigh*

Joke--a bagpiper gladly played for celebrations and funerals. A friend who worked with needy people ask if he'd be willing to play the pipes at a funeral for a homeless man without friends or family to mourn him. He readily agreed and was sent directions to a rural cemetery. The day of the funeral he couldn't find the cemetery and was afraid he had missed the humble service. Sure enough, when he arrived three workman were having a break after placing the vault cover. Dressed in full Scottish regalia he approached the grave and piped a hymn. The workers stood up to watch. As he started a second hymn they approached the grave and stood silently. He then played Amazing Grace. The worker were crying and he was crying as he finished.

He turned to go without a word. One of the workers said "That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen and I've been installing septic tanks for over 20 years."  

I know how you feel. When I was young and single with no responsibilities I bought a little two seater sports car. Loved that thing but gave it up when it became impractical to keep with kids.

Joke - A woman went into a drug store and told the pharmacist that she wanted to buy some arsenic. He told her arsenic was a poison and she shouldn't be messing with it. She insisted she needed arsenic because she wanted to kill her husband. He again said no I can't sell you arsenic to kill someone. He asked what her husband had done to make her want to kill him. She pulled a picture out of her purse of her husband in bed with a woman, who as chance would be, was the pharmacist's wife. He handed her back the picture and said "No problem. Why didn't you tell me you had a prescription"?

The joke can be the picture.  We own a Harley Davidson bike now that is just beautiful, but we both have decided we need a trike instead.  After we picked up the grandkids at the airport we drove over to Lincoln City and checked out one my husband had found.  Didn't buy it, but he liked it. The three teenage grandkids thought it was "awesome".  Their friend's parents don't even ride motorcycles much less their grandparents.  I think that meant we're cool.  LOL. 

post-4696-0-83843400-1364002402_thumb.jpg

In 1991 I had recently begun waitressing. One day this guy drove in on a 1981 Harley dresser, and the rest is history. My husband still has that bike, we ride like 4 times a year and every year he starts jonesing for a new bike. I love that bike, it is so cool plus all the sentimental history it has. I don't think it could hit 80, and if it did it would probably rattle some parts loose. I love the 1st ride of the season, it feels like I'm on vacation. I'm sure there are no new bikes in our future, just one very cool old harley we putt around in.

Awww, so sorry!  LOL*  I have no good jokes for you...but you are certainly a wilder gal than me.  I've always been afraid of those bikes but my in-laws are big Harley people.  I think it's awesome that you and your Husband have that in common and even if there aren't bikes in your future as you say, at least you have the memories spent together!

You guys are wonderful. THANK YOU!!!!

Dean tells me we will look for a little miata convertible. I drove a Triumph for years not too dependible and too fast!

Back then i could talk my way out of a ticket, doubt i could now, haha.

Thank you again friends!

My husband had an 1100 kawasaki bullet bike when we met. Had that bike until just a few years ago. We decided that with 6 kids at the time, the bike needed to go. We sure used to enjoy our rides though. Something about the wind in your hair at 80+ miles an hour! Still have a nasty burn scar on my leg from the tailpipe.

We came over Reese River once on our way home from reno, and came across a herd of wild mustangs. I will never forget the slowdown from 100+ to a complete stop to avoid them! At times we miss the bike, but we have a family to take care of.

My hubby has his 2001 Harley Touring Bike on Craig's list right now. In fact a guy was coming to see it this morning but the Southern Miss VS Rice game was moved up due to bad weather coming. He doesn't seem too upset about selling it (I have never been on it!). I think he is going to buy a small tractor. I know Easter is coming but I have no yolks for you today!

Archived