Studio for sale - Life sucks!

Hello Ladies and Gents

As I said above...Life sucks! at times anyway.  Some of you know that my hubby is on disability since Febr, 2012 for osteo arthritis in his wrists, and then was diagnosed with cancer in June 2012, had surgery, and now just finished chemo.  It has made him an old man before his time, not that he was a spring chicken to start off with, but it has taken its toll.  We are selling our acreage in north western Saskatchewan and are moving to British Columbia and a warmer winter.  I have decided to sell my complete Studio, a 2007 FREEDOM S/R Bliss equipped on a 12ft frame, comes with all kinds of rulers, pantos, threads, bobbins, 5 rolls of batting, bolts and bolts of designer fabric, batiks, fat quarters....you name it, i got it!  I am looking to sell the whole package...everything in one swoop.  a fantastic price awaits the person that wants to start a home business long arming, selling fabric, making Quilts for sale.  I have had a successful business here for 6 years, my business has supported itself all along and the machine paid for itself in no time.  So if someone is looking for a second machine and all the trimmings...this is for you.  If someone is lurking and looking for a great opportunity.....contact me....we can discuss all details.  great opportunity for a canadian, all taxes are paid, import is paid and APQS Service and Support is only a phone call away.

Thanks a bunch for listening.

Cheers

Monika

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monika~

I am so very sorry to read about what you have been going thru!  I wish you the best in the next part of your journey~It is really not much comfort now but please try to remember that things happen the way they do for a reason~we don't always know what the reasons are at that point when the things happen but we do tend to look back later and realize why it happened the way it did.

(I was going to use an smiley face but even the sad or confused ones seem to make "lite" of what you are going thru)

May I repeat all sewhappy and all the others have stated.

Is there no way to get housing large enough to have the

quilting things in the new home? 

I'm just so sorry to hear this.. must affect you two a whole

lot as I've not seen you around very much..

Big (((((((((((((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))))))))))))))))

God bless and guide you through the new changes you

need to get through.. Arthritis is the pitts. ever changing.

I wish I could hurt for your hubby.. it wouldn't add too much

to arthritis pain.

RitaR

So sorry to hear that you and your husband are going through this. So much change at once (geographic move and giving up your quilting) can be so stressful on top of the more important stress of your husband's illness. Hope that all of this goes smoothly for you and that you find something you enjoy to fill the gap left by losing your studio. Sending positive thoughts for both of you.

Claire

Ditto what all have said. I pray your and hubby's journey here on earth will improve and your new home will bring yo comfort. I hope you will still come visit us as we will miss you if you  don't. I know you will miss your studio but maybe you can share your other gifts with us. Keep us updated and I will keep you and hubby in my prayers.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Monika and Hubby)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You're just starting a new phase of your life.  You're moving to a beautiful place by the way.  Your husband will slowly improve and get back some of his pre-cancer pep.  The treatments take it out of all of us and some of us are a little slower to bounce back...especially if there are other things going on.  And in all honesty...we are all getting older against our will.  My husband and I frequently look at each other and ask when did we get like this.  Then we go find something fun and young to do.  God has a plan for you and it evidently doesn't include you having your studio right now.  Maybe there will be a bigger and better thing waiting for you.  Pick yourself up and try to follow his plan and a year from now you will see what a difference this has made and I bet you will be very happy.  You can still make beautiful quilts. And since you won't be spending time running a business I bet you get some gorgeous ones made.  You have all of us here to cheer you on.  Saying a prayer for you.   

You all have me in tears with your lovely words and thoughts.  Thank you so much.  Lets keep tho on top please, perhaps someone out there in calgary or closer would love the machine and the bolts and bolts of gorgeous fabrics.  I have tons of extras.  There is a room in my new home that would be a beautiful studio, but our problem is moving it.  I don't have the back and Dennis doesn't have the wrists and i don't trust moving companies to take my baby apart, transport it.  we live off the grid, so it would be a small crew coming, then taking everything to a warehouse, then onto a van, then the transport, and the same at the other end....20 years of military moves have made me wary...too much gets lost and damaged.  i rather sell than risk that.  there are other opportunities for me yet and i can learn to quilt on my Janome 1600.

Thanks again.

Monika,

If you quilt on the Janome, then we can still see some of your eye candy!

Ditto what everyone else is writing: I hate that your family is going through difficult health times; I hate that you are selling all those goodies though I appreciate your note with your explanation; we will miss you if drop off the forum grid as well as any other kind of grid.

I admire your positive, can-do attitude.  Hope that the forum and others up north help you find a buyer - or someone who can do the moving for you.

Lynn

Monika, I just read your post and am so sorry you are having to go through all of this, I hope your husband gets to feeling back to himself again and that your move goes well and you find a great place to live.  I am sorry you have to sell your machine and studio and supplies...:(  Please do stay a part of this forum and keep in touch and let us know how things are going with you!

Maybe someone will be able to move it for you and you can still take it!

Hi Monika,

Sorry to hear about what you're going through, :(.

Chin up. Your moving to an awesome area. Will you be living on the mainland or the island. If your in Vancouver area come visit, and if you ever have the urge to use a longarm, let me know, I'm in Vancouver.

Oh and I know all about military moves!

Good luck on your relocation, and  all the best to your hubby for a fast recovery!!! :D  :D :D  

Monika,  Hard times for sure.   After Chemo you definitely feel pretty beat up.  The whole goal is to kill the cancer cells, and that involves *almost* killing you as well - but in a few months you do feel better.  I was soon back to feeling as well as I did prior to my diagnosis, and I'll bet the same will be true for your husband.

Best wishes, and I hope you find someone who will be grateful for your machine and all the "goodies".

Monika,

I know you need to do what you need to do, but hun, I LOVE following your posts with all your beautiful quilts!

Please know, that I will miss seeing your BEAUTIFUL quilts!

I've saved alot of those pics for myself to view for ideas over all these years.

Good Luck to you and your hubby!

With much love and admiration,

I can't say any more than what others have already said best.  Best of all to you and your husband and your new adventures.  I've missed seeing your posts, but understandable with what you have been going through.  Blessings to you and hope you can find a new home for your machine and all.

Archived