Studio for sale - Life sucks!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll join all the rest in wishing your husband a steady recovery of his strength. And also echo the sadness of you having to dismantle your business and move your household.

The only bright spot would be the mild weather in BC. Hoping you'll be near Vancouver--such a lovely part of the Province.

Best wishes and a big hug from not-too-far-south of where you'll be. We have fabulous quilt shows in Washington--get your passport ready!

I am sorry to hear that things have been rough for you.  I knew that you had been very quiet recently but I didn't know why.  I hope that your husband will regain his health and that you will both enjoy your new home.  We are all still here and and hope that you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.  I will miss seeing your wonderful quilting.

Hi Monika.  I am so sorry to hear of the events that have brought about your decision.  I know it was not an easy one to make.  And I know that Saskatchewan weather cannot compare to BC.  It definitely is my choice of a great place to move to to heal.   I am originally from Manitoba and now live in Red Deer, AB so I know winter.    I have been looking for a number of months (lurking) as it is termed on longarm forums and see very few machines offered for sale in Western Canad so I am interested in your studio sale.  My email is izimmer@shaw.ca.  Thank you. 

Monika, I love your attitude!  God has more adventures planned for you and your husband and you are open to them. Enjoy what lays ahead for the 2 of you. You can make this situation a positive one. 

I have followed your quilting and Etsy site for years. Whoever gets your machine will be one lucky person! I have no doubt it has been extremely well cared for. It will be perfect for someone looking to break into the world of longarming or just looking to upgrade.

I saw this quote and thought of you Monika...

FAITH - When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into the darkness, faith is knowing one of two things will happen...there will be something to stand on or you will be taught to fly.

I love it. :)

And Monika, I have no doubt that you will just soar like an eagle.  You're going on a grand adventure.  I have never in my life gone through something that I thought was bad that I didn't end up with something better.  There is something great waiting for you in BC...I just know it.  If we didn't get "pushed" to make the changes we would all stand in the same spot and stagnate.  I can hardly wait for you to fill us in on all the good things to come.

Monika, I'm so sorry to read about the changes you're having to make.  I just wanted to share that movers have moved my Millennium three times and never damaged anything so it can be done if you want to keep it and move it. 

And Monika, I have no doubt that you will just soar like an eagle.  You're going on a grand adventure.  I have never in my life gone through something that I thought was bad that I didn't end up with something better.  There is something great waiting for you in BC...I just know it.  If we didn't get "pushed" to make the changes we would all stand in the same spot and stagnate.  I can hardly wait for you to fill us in on all the good things to come.

aww you are so sweet and you are so right...things are already looking up.  We are just getting too old to do this all over again.   the mind is still young but the body doesn't keep up anymore and sometimes it feels like the roof is gonna cave in, right?

Just another stepping stone in the road called "life" and we will overcome that one too.

Oh Monika, could have knock me over with a feather when I read your posting!  As you know, I too have followed you for years, and was just looking at your things on Etsy last week.  I know you will take a deep breath and go forward with strength and courage.  I'm so sorry to hear of your hubby's illness and I am praying for a quick recovery in your new home.  I hope you are taking good care of yourself too, Monika.  To sell your whole studio is such a huge decision, and I know you would not make it lightly.  I wish you much success in the selling of everything.  Someone will be so fortunate to have your studio.

I know you'll find a space for stitching in your new home, and I wanna see what you're creating! 

Take care, my friend.   :wub:

Hi Monika.  I am so sorry to hear of the events that have brought about your decision.  I know it was not an easy one to make.  And I know that Saskatchewan weather cannot compare to BC.  It definitely is my choice of a great place to move to to heal.   I am originally from Manitoba and now live in Red Deer, AB so I know winter.    I have been looking for a number of months (lurking) as it is termed on longarm forums and see very few machines offered for sale in Western Canad so I am interested in your studio sale.  My email is izimmer@shaw.ca.  Thank you. 

sounds as though you have interest in your studio. 

i was afraid it might have been overlooked by all the responses.  ;)

Hello Ladies and Gents

As I said above...Life sucks! at times anyway.  Some of you know that my hubby is on disability since Febr, 2012 for osteo arthritis in his wrists, and then was diagnosed with cancer in June 2012, had surgery, and now just finished chemo.  It has made him an old man before his time, not that he was a spring chicken to start off with, but it has taken its toll.  We are selling our acreage in north western Saskatchewan and are moving to British Columbia and a warmer winter.  I have decided to sell my complete Studio, a 2007 FREEDOM S/R Bliss equipped on a 12ft frame, comes with all kinds of rulers, pantos, threads, bobbins, 5 rolls of batting, bolts and bolts of designer fabric, batiks, fat quarters....you name it, i got it!  I am looking to sell the whole package...everything in one swoop.  a fantastic price awaits the person that wants to start a home business long arming, selling fabric, making Quilts for sale.  I have had a successful business here for 6 years, my business has supported itself all along and the machine paid for itself in no time.  So if someone is looking for a second machine and all the trimmings...this is for you.  If someone is lurking and looking for a great opportunity.....contact me....we can discuss all details.  great opportunity for a canadian, all taxes are paid, import is paid and APQS Service and Support is only a phone call away.

Thanks a bunch for listening.

Cheers

Monika

I am interested and live in Flin Flon, Manitoba.  Please email me  nadine.morrison@gmail.com

My husband and I just had a nice long talk about all this and we have come to the conclusion that I would just waste away without my machine and my fabrics, my customers both walk in and long distance.  I have worked so hard these past 6 years to make this a success, and Quiltlover Quilts are in sooo many homes across the World.  I have quilts in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland....you get the drift.  I just had a clearance sale in my store and sold 36 Quilts in a matter of 3 days and still made money.  

So together with your wonderful words of support and encouragement, I will pack it all up and move it.  I have a small country Quilt store in my Studio,  beautiful fabrics, sumptuous batiks, Kaffee Fasset prints, Amy Butler collections.......too much prettiness to throw in the towel.

Thank you all.  I do not as a rule open my soul to the world, your caring is very very much appreciated and will keep me and my husband plugging along.

I am so glad you came to this decision.......when you posted about your sun room in the new house....and how nice a quilting studio it would make...I was think...how nice it would be to do just that....I am so glad you will ship your machine and keep on quilting....healing thoughts to you and your husband....I am a newbie...but really like how the folks on this forum support each other.....Lin

Gosh, Monika,

I'm so glad to hear that you and Dennis have had a chance to talk things over again. God will take care of you both during this transition, because he knows the spirit in your souls will not be crushed by the physical limitations of illness, or the challenge of moving and starting over again. I'm so glad you'll be able to continue with what "fills your soul" while you and Dennis journey on a new direction. That sunroom will be lighting up more than just quilts, it will be renewing your spirit and giving you strength with each day you spend basking in the sunshine together! 

Archived