Studio for sale - Life sucks!

Monika, I have the solution for packing.

Road trip for the Canadian girls on the forum   :D    . . . Parm, Linda, Kathy, Caroline, Ardelle, Darlene, Joanne . . .

We could have it all done in a weekend, and your lovely smile tells me that you would certainly try to keep us on the straight and narrow.  :rolleyes: 

So glad you've decided to keep your studio.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monika,

You've brought a smile to my face this afternoon:)  Mine can be the 'bookend' for Heidi's smile.  If I were one of the Canadian girls, I would be on the road trip to help you pack/move.  As I'm not, I'll just have to be there in spirit.  So glad that you are keeping the studio and all the loveliness in it.  May fondling all that fabric as you pack make you both joyful and eager to get it unpacked on the other end.

Lynn

So glad for you. With the changes you are going through, having the stability of doing something you are so talented at and enjoy can be a blessing. You'll probably have a few "what was I thinking?" moments during to move, but be happy once it all sorts out. And I am so envious of that sunroom - I'm in the basement dungeon!

I felt so sad for you as I started reading these posts, and then I finally got to the one where you decided to keep your longarm and continue quilting.  I'm so glad you came to that decision. 

I hope Dennis improves and gets stronger each day.  You both have been through Hell this past year!  Please continue to post how you both are doing.  Good luck with your move.

All your support is overwhelming.  Thank you kindly for your postings and your private messages and e-mails....what was i thinking????  and yes, I will let you know how Dennis is doing, he is getting better each day, stronger and crankier, I might say, but thats okay I am getting that way too so we are a matched pair.  i know the move will be hard initially but we look forward now to a new place, new friends, new adventures.

Monika, I am so happy for you. I have found that there has to be a happy place for you in life. No matter all the chaos, you deserve and need to keep your identity intact. Continuing to quilt will help you do that. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices, but we need to choose carefully what those things are. It would be easier on the surface to throw in the towel. I applauded you for fighting for this piece of yourself. It will be worth the struggle in the end.

Peggy

Oh yeah!  I also think that you are too talented to just give up quilting altogether and I know that there will be new customers in B.C.!  So, when you move just make sure it is not on a Monday or Tuesday and Rog and I will come help, who knows, I might have to sneak some special fabric away from you!  Wednesdays and Thursdays would be great.  I know that is a bit in the future yet but keep it in mind!

Love you girl, and as I tell my daughters and daughter-in-laws: "just keep going".  Life gets better on the other side of a struggle!

Cher

I too am glad to hear that you are going to be able to keep your studio and business going...it is one consistency in all of the changes you are facing.  My best wishes that your move goes well and you are quickly settled back in and going strong again...please keep us posted!

I don't wander out to this forum that often any more but Monika, I remember how excited you where when you first got your machine.  You did a lot of dancing with that new baby.  When I started reading this thread, I wondered if there was a way you could move your studio with you.  I am so happy for you that you have decided to do just that. 

Good for you!

Gail

Monika,

I'm  glad you decided to keep your machine.  Quilting has such a calming effect on me.  When I complete a project and see my growth it's such a pleasant feeling.   I have used many of your quilting design ideas in my work.  And I've missed your postings.  God will give you the strength to move everything and if something is lost or damaged, replace it with something better.  Be positive and know you're loved by many.

I have to add to all the sentiments already expressed.  Welcome to BC,  I'm in Williams Lake, so if you're ever in the area, post a note.  I understand the Arthritis,  my wrists are going as well.  Good luck with the move and the selling.  Marion in BC

Hi, I just have to post again to update you all on my decision.  My FREEDOM is for sale and I have a lady coming tomorrow to look at it.  After talking to Dawn, we have decided to let it go and start with a new model when I get settled in my new home.  I am not quitting, just upgrading and I am sad as well as excited.  My Freedom has been incredibly good to me, never a problem or complaint, even when I worked her hard.  I am looking forward to getting a newer model, maybe even a Millie, blissed of course, in the near future.  You have all been incredible with your words of encouragement...I am "blissed" to "know" you all.  Thanks again, from the bottom of my heart.  

Sounds like a great plan to upgrade once your settled in BC. I couldn't imagine you not having as long arm. I'm pretty sure I know the lady that is coming to see your machine and if she buys it will give it a good home. She does a lot of quilting and has donated many quilts to local charities. I can also help her out if she had any problems.

Thanks ladies, and yes Kathy, you know her and I am as excited as she is.  i think the wheels of her car won't touch pavement on her drive here tomorrow.  Machine is all cleaned and a practice piece loaded and I have to refrain myself from not going to doodle.  The tension is absolutely perfect and I know she will love it.

Archived