What Do You Use in the Bobbin with Rainbows?

For winding my own bobbins, I prefer so fine but have also used bottom line.

Magna glides work for me, too.

Unlike some others, my machine likes Rainbows and I run it a lot.

Looks great on batiks.

I take a few extra teeny locking stitches with slippery thread like Rainbows.

I am hoping if I go slow that I won't have too many issues.  If I do a panto I won't be going more than 6 or 7 spi...that seems to be the magic number for me to get decent looking stitches without getting away from myself.

I bought some Super Bobs...but they are in tan.  Maybe I should order some of those in a coordinating color...

I use whatever thread I like for the back, regardless of weight, type or anything else.  I always adjust my bobbin tension first, then the top.  Never had a problem with any thread on either of my millies. I'm on my second millie .  I upgraded recently so customers can see the newest features on the machines. I don't thread match top and bottom and I don't pay attention to using the same weight top and bottom.  I just adjust the tension and have never had a problem.

Rainbows can tend to be a little more fragile, so I use my standard needle (4.0) and keep the top tension light.  I either weave the rainbows through the 3-hole pre-tensioner (up in the first hole, across the middle hole, and down through the last hole) or just wrap through 2 holes instead of all 3 to help with keeping the tension lighter.  I don't get much, if any, thread breakage and I do a lot of thread painting with rainbows. That gets very dense, but breakage isn't a problem.

Archived